BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning...
Noticed last night that the shifter on my 2019 GS has a bit of a wiggle. The main bolt is tight. Is it normal? Do you all have the same play in the shifter? See my video below.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes also the mine. Poor quality pieces...
I solved PARTIALLY the problem by adding a very thin washer

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just curious if that's on purpose... or poor quality. I can't imagine BMW let this slide on their inspections.

·
Registered
91 Posts
in my opinion poor quality pieces and also wrong project
In fact if you check, it is NOT possible to fully close the footpeg as it intersects the shift lever bolt
On more recent bikes they changed the design and the way of working of the shift lever but I've seen a post online that reveals that the problem is still there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I believe this is normal I have had many different bikes from all manufacturers and it was once explained to me on a m/c gearbox I was reassembling the catch paw which selects the gears is spring loaded and requires the foot to release the gear pedal and the inbuilt play in the linkage is to allow free movement. If you try to move the gear lever with engine off with your hand you can see the amount the lever needs to move to change gear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too, solved this issue by adding a thick washer under the bolt head as the bolt was running out of thread before properly clamping down on the shifter shaft. It's a cheap worth a try fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts