BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nice new bike ! And nicely fitted out.
Suggestion :
When I kitted mine, I found the rear flashers were pushing my saddlebags to much forward, so I relocated them to the rear rack by fabricating a bracket to hold them.

Welcome to the group, and many happy miles on your bike!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice new bike ! And nicely fitted out.
Suggestion :
When I kitted mine, I found the rear flashers were pushing my saddlebags to much forward, so I relocated them to the rear rack by fabricating a bracket to hold them.

Welcome to the group, and many happy miles on your bike!
Ha! I was just standing behind my bike an hour ago contemplating moving the flashers, and not looking forward to taking apart the tail. 😂

Any photos of what you did?

And thanks much for the kind comments. 👌

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its looks are perfect. Enjoy Mate. Its a public forum so If it was me, i would not have exposed bike number plate in the pic.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its looks are perfect. Enjoy Mate. Its a public forum so If it was me, i would not have exposed bike number plate in the pic.
Ya know, we live in a world where for $25 bucks or so any person who knows our name can learn every detail there is to know about us through online background search.

And Lord only knows what's already on the Dark Web about each of us. I think privacy no longer exists and now it's just a game of what are the odds the nutcases out there will choose me to target? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes a strange nutcase, where he is asking to remove the number plate instead:p, my friend.

As whole weight is at back, at high speeds you may feel slightly unstable and even more if total weight exceeds 170kg upper limit of payload the bike offers. I read somewhere that this is removed by using larger capacity tank bags instead of rear top case. ie shifting weight to front and thus balance is achieved. Just my thoughts. Its still better though.

keep us posted about your trips mate.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes a strange nutcase, where he is asking to remove the number plate instead:p, my friend.

As whole weight is at back, at high speeds you may feel slightly unstable and even more if total weight exceeds 170kg upper limit of payload the bike offers. I read somewhere that this is removed by using larger capacity tank bags instead of rear top case. ie shifting weight to front and thus balance is achieved. Just my thoughts. Its still better though.

keep us posted about your trips mate.
What I carry is minimal weight, and part of why I like this particular SW Motech line of bags is the light weight and minimal mounting hardware involved.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, that looks amazing!
May I ask the name of the bar end mirrors?
Puig Look .... to mount these on the '21 310R it was necessary to drill out the bolt hole on the mirror. Less than 10 minutes work, but the provided hardware from Puig didn't work with my bike. It was easy to do and I still recommend these as long as you have a drill.

·
Registered
2021 G310R
6 Posts
Puig Look .... to mount these on the '21 310R it was necessary to drill out the bolt hole on the mirror. Less than 10 minutes work, but the provided hardware from Puig didn't work with my bike. It was easy to do and I still recommend these as long as you have a drill.
Thank you!
Do you see any improvement over the stock mirrors in visibility and/or mirror vibration?
The whole look is really an upgrade and 10 minutes of drilling definitely seems worth it.
I have the same color, I got the luggage carrier from BMW (the one that comes installed on the GS) and a tank bag. I am looking for mirrors and other interesting upgrades.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you!
Do you see any improvement over the stock mirrors in visibility and/or mirror vibration?
The whole look is really an upgrade and 10 minutes of drilling definitely seems worth it.
I have the same color, I got the luggage carrier from BMW (the one that comes installed on the GS) and a tank bag. I am looking for mirrors and other interesting upgrades.
Vibration is slightly less.

Visibility is improved for me, because the stock mirrors took in too much of my shoulders/arms. Getting the mirrors pushed out helped.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Love this! I am sorry if I am missing it, but did you post a link for the bags and side rack (is there a side rack?)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Love this! I am sorry if I am missing it, but did you post a link for the bags and side rack (is there a side rack?)
The bags and their hardware are all SW-Motech.

Enter your bike make, model, year in the "Product and bike filter" and then choose "Luggage."

For each bag you look at, pay close attention to whether you need to purchase any separate mounting parts, or whether all you need is kitted with the bag. This varies by product.

Browsing there, you may or may not decide to copy my same set-up. I chose:

Tank bag -- PRO Micro (required PRO mounting ring)
Tailbag -- PRO Rackpack Set (w/all mounts incl.)
Saddlebags -- Blaze H Set (w/all mounts incl.)

I'd rate all of these as "easy" installs that anyone who owns wrenches and Allen tools should be able to handle, no problems.

There's tons of YouTube content on SW-Motech products that will help you learn the pros and cons of the product line and whether it's for you.

For the summer riding season, I'd give SW-Motech a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating. Very high quality look and feel, functions great, looks match this bike better than hard cases. Takes only minutes (and no tools) to drop the bags and mounts off and return to a naked look without a bunch of metal brackets left showing. I couldn't be happier for summer season.

I've yet to see how well the bags handle winter and how they clean up again in spring. I'm a year round, all weather (except ice/snow) rider.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great thank you! I love SW motech, I have engine protection and a rear rack for GS, so I know the quality is good. What I didn't know is that I would need the side rack-this according to Revzilla. Sadly it is out of stock right now. However, I am a bit confused about the bag you selected having "all mounts included" . Did you still need the side rack or can the bags be put on the bike without the muffler burning them?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great thank you! I love SW motech, I have engine protection and a rear rack for GS, so I know the quality is good. What I didn't know is that I would need the side rack-this according to Revzilla. Sadly it is out of stock right now. However, I am a bit confused about the bag you selected having "all mounts included" . Did you still need the side rack or can the bags be put on the bike without the muffler burning them?
RevZilla screwed up two deliveries to me and ever since I've shopped elsewhere. I order direct from SW-Motech and find their website does a much better job of helping you figure out what is required to order.

Look there for the "Blaze H saddlebag set" .... set is the key word there. As long as you come in through the "Product and bike filter" I mentioned above, you'll be directed to the correct set for your bike with the hardware you need.

Check a YouTube to understand, but these use quickly removable bars to hold the bags. When the bags/bars are off the bike (2 minutes to do) all that is left behind are small black fittings that are barely noticeable.

I can go from a commuter look, to a naked look very fast.

No heat issues so far in highway rides up to 1.5 hours.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that the Pro Rackpack? I have the Pro Mini in the front and was thinking of getting that same one as the Cargobar, which I like more being lower seems too long for the 310.

Do you have a pic from the rear or one with you seated on the bike?

Thanks so much!
I don't have any pics with me on the bike, but here's a few more views.
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts