Found this article on IBTimes that listed off 5 things you need to know about the BMW G310R. Kind of interesting, but I think these are things we all know already. Do you guys have anything else to list or is any of this new to you ?
Full Article : BMW G 310 R: 5 things you need to know about first India-made BMW motorcycle
- BMW G 310 R has been developed jointly by Indo-German alliance BMW Motorrad and TVS Motor Company and was first showcased in Brazil last year.
- It is the first BMW motorcycle to be made in India and also the first to be manufactured outside Europe. The G 310 R will be produced at the TVS Motor facility in Tamil Nadu.
- It measures 1,988mm in length, 896mm in width, 1,227mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,374mm. It employs a 300mm disc brake at the front, and a 240mm disc brake at the rear.
- Powering the G 310 R is an all-new 313cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine with four valves and two overhead camshafts, together with electronic fuel injection. It can churn out power of 33.5bhp at 9,500rpm and maximum torque of 28Nm at 7,500rpm, mated to a six-speed gearbox. It also has a backward-tilted cylinder in open-deck design, with the cylinder head turned 180 degrees.
- In India, the G 310 R will take on the likes of KTM Duke 390 and Mahindra Mojo, and is expected to come with a price tag of about Rs. 2.5 lakh. (~sub $4000 USD)