BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on an overnight trip to test my camping gear. As always, there were some adventures to have.
Few pics and videos below.

This is a good sign:
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Automotive tire

At the end of the track:
Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I didn't plan to camp here, but couldn't say no to the shelter.
Plant Tree Shade Outdoor furniture Outdoor bench

after the first hail storm:
Plant Tire Wheel Plant community Automotive tire

Plant Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tree

Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Plant Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Plant community Automotive tire

Overall, I was very happy with the bike setup and camping gear.
My personal gear needs an upgrade to be waterproof.
Happy days.

Forgot to mention. I did have a single drop of the bike attempting to jump a log. This is an improvement for me since I stop counting drops at 5 per trip.

Attachments

· Registered
GS 310
25 Posts
Hello, you forgot the video, you mentioned. The pics are great. Nothing beats motorbiking and camping. It used to be my world back in my younger days. Every year for 4 weeks I travelled on my bikes. Every year an other country in Europe. The challenge was the language and all the different currency's. We had no credit cards in those days.
Harald

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I forgot to mention. Had some fuel anxiety to manage, as well, when the town I was planning to fill up at was shut for summer. I managed my fuel for a couple of hours off road with the 'live' l/km screen on. Ended up at the petrol station with 290km done and potentially another 40 to spare.

Forgot to mention that the pump said 9.7L went in at that point.
Hood Motor vehicle Combat vehicle Vehicle Bumper

· Registered
12 Posts
Very nice. Looks like a good time!

I had a similar "oh no" fuel moment at the end of November. I had decided to visit a "motorcycle tourist road" (Tail of the Dragon), planning on refueling at the store/inn/gas station at the other end of the stretch of road. Fuel light came on right after I started my run. Okay, I'll be fine. Shop... and gas station, and pretty much the entire area...closed for season and no cellular signal. Uh, oh. A local rider came by and pointed me towards the closest open gas station around 10 miles down the mountain. Got there on fumes. There's a giddy exhilaration with near-misses like that, though I prefer to not test my luck too often, right? ;)

I'm curious about the shelter. Is it meant for camping under? Shelters like that I've encountered around my area are intended for day use only, so I've never given them a second thought.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm curious about the shelter. Is it meant for camping under? Shelters like that I've encountered around my area are intended for day use only, so I've never given them a second thought.
To be honest, shelters like this are not very common in 'bush' camps in Victoria, Australia. Almost felt like a 'god sent'.
The purpose of these is a shared/common area an dNOT indented for camping under ; - )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts