BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer got the stop sale and delivery notice when I was about to pick up the bike this week. They said the notice will be in public around Sep.

I've paid in full but I just can't ride it and they don't when it will be fixed.

I'm in NY, US.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In India, we have been collecting all battery dead/ alternator failure issues data together, so that we can request for a recall of all the batteries. We have riders of all batches right from July 2018 to August 2019. Reports are coming from random batches.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What happens if you’re the 2nd owner? Can you still take the bike and have a fault repaired for free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Affirmative, I bought mine second hand, with 280 or so miles on the clock, and later received the sidestand recall notice and they did the work.

Reactions: Geoff PD

·
Registered
183 Posts
My perfectly running battery is a paperweight. I switched over to lithium already.

You can't beat 2 lbs battery at 330 amps compare to 8-10 lbs at 120-160 amps.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dealer got the stop sale and delivery notice when I was about to pick up the bike this week. They said the notice will be in public around Sep.

I've paid in full but I just can't ride it and they don't when it will be fixed.

I'm in NY, US.

Sorry but it’s not clear from your post. What is the recall for? Battery, Alternator?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I'm in NY, US.

Sorry but it’s not clear from your post. What is the recall for? Battery, Alternator?

https://www.g310rforum.com/index.php?page=active_topics#/topics/9102

It seems some ppl have got the notice.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My perfectly running battery is a paperweight. I switched over to lithium already.

You can't beat 2 lbs battery at 330 amps compare to 8-10 lbs at 120-160 amps.

Hi,
I’m assuming that you have replaced the original battery with a higher capacity lithium ion battery which fits into the same place.
If correct, could you tell me the make and spec of what you bought. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
Hi,
I’m assuming that you have replaced the original battery with a higher capacity lithium ion battery which fits into the same place.
If correct, could you tell me the make and spec of what you bought. Thanks.

I got the SSB Ultralite lithium battery 290 cca for the G310R, it is slightly smaller (less height) than the oem battery. Around AU$160 - AU$180

1 - 16 of 16 Posts