BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post here.
I've made a search but couldn't find anything related, i'm planning to do some off road, and i want to at least disable the rear abs, is there any possibility to disable the rear wheel abs.

Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
On the first series GS, it was possible, never on the R. On second (facelifted?) series reports are the ABS disable switch gas been deleted.

There are many threads on the subject on the forum, I suggest you do a search on ABS.

And....welcome to the forum, and many pleasant miles on and off road !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the first series GS, it was possible, never on the R. On second (facelifted?) series reports are the ABS disable switch gas been deleted.

There are many threads on the subject on the forum, I suggest you do a search on ABS.

And....welcome to the forum, and many pleasant miles on and off road !
Hi thanks, has I wrote I did search but nothing come up, I've also search all over the internet and I found a video on YouTube to take the fuse out, but in that way some people on the answers are saying it will mess with the odometer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi thanks, has I wrote I did search but nothing come up, I've also search all over the internet and I found a video on YouTube to take the fuse out, but in that way some people on the answers are saying it will mess with the odometer.
Maybe if you use a washer to separate a little the ABS sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I made an account here exactly for this reason. Last weekend I was out on some trails with very rocky downhills. The ABS was going crazy on those downhills and I was picking up speed quickly. Thankfully, the runs were short.

On the 2021, the ABS is indeed not switchable. This is the best solution I can find:
Quick summary:

• Previous year model left hand switchgear is not compatible, the ABS cable has nowhere to plug in
  • His solution is to put a handlebar mounted switch that interrupts the ABS at the fuse. Unfortunately, that fuse also affects the speedometer and odometer. So, disabling ABS that method will disable those two features also.

Here's the switch he's referring to: https://smile.amazon.com/WATERPROOF-Motorcycle-Ourbest-Spotlight-Handlebars/dp/B08K8FJVV5

I want ABS on almost all the time, even off road. The only time I want it off is downhill rocky sections, as described above. Because of that, disabling the speedometer and odometer doesn't really concern me.

But, if anyone has a better solution, I'd love to not go cutting wires in my loom.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep I saw that video, it's just last option, I rather take the fuse out, I have 5 years of warranty and I don't want they have anything to pick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good point on the warranty. Salesperson told me the only thing that affects the warranty is if you mess with the ECU. But, cutting wires to the ABS, speedometer, and odometer seems like a good way to void the warranty to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also searched through the various ABS threads and cannot locate one that specifically addresses disabling ABS on a 2021 model. Imperiton, if you have a specific thread in mind that can give us some better ideas, I'd appreciate a link to it.

You did a search on this forum ?
I just put in ABS and 256 threads came up....?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Got it... I don't have a 2021, so wasn't looking for that year.
But it narrows the search to a posting dated after the start of this year...
I'm lucky, as I can just turn it off on my GS.
Good luck on the search.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle
Hand Automotive tire Finger Automotive lighting Bumper

There's a plug for the rear sensor, I don't mind just to turn the rear wheel off, I've tried and the the abs didn't work, so I will try to contact an electrician if he can make a male and female with3a switch in the middle.
Btw if anyone here can make a this kind of thing here I will pay, it's a male plug, a on/off switch and a female plug.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good job, Mario! If we can source that plug, male and female, online somewhere it would be easy to put insert a switch there. The switch I linked to above is perfect, water proof, looks great, fits well on my handlebars. The wires are too short to even reach the fuse box, but easy enough to add length to them.

Just need to find those plugs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good job, Mario! If we can source that plug, male and female, online somewhere it would be easy to put insert a switch there. The switch I linked to above is perfect, water proof, looks great, fits well on my handlebars. The wires are too short to even reach the fuse box, but easy enough to add length to them.

Just need to find those plugs.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle

I was thinking just to put it in there, there's no need of long cables.

·
Registered
8 Posts
True, it would just be nice to have it on the handle bars to be able to switch it on the fly while riding, as the terrain necessitates.

Mario, are you able to find a part number on the plug anywhere that you can photograph and use as a starting point for finding those connectors?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
True, it would just be nice to have it on the handle bars to be able to switch it on the fly while riding, as the terrain necessitates.

Mario, are you able to find a part number on the plug anywhere that you can photograph and use as a starting point for finding those connectors?
Tints and shades Rectangle Font Electric blue Gadget

No, m8 this one is the male plug we need a female and another male like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've done some deep research on these plugs. I've found one that is close but not exact. I'm pretty sure these are made by TE Connectivity and their MQS 1-967644-1 is the closest I could find. But, it's missing the blue portion, including the tab at the top right in your picture.

So, I'm going a different route. I bought a used rear ABS sensor from eBay. Planning to splice a switch inline, use that to replace my existing ABS sensor. That will allow me to avoid sourcing the plugs entirely, and if I ever sell the bike, can just take it back to stock if the buyer desires. For now, will keep the front ABS on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts