BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, anyone knows how many amps can deliver the auxiliary ports?

Greetings from Paraguay

·
Registered
291 Posts

Greetings from Paraguay
I'd like to know this too.
I want to fit twin USB sockets each capable of 2A output. If I have my phone plugged into one and a GPS plugged into the other (particuarly at nigthtime with lights all on), is that alternator capable of powering everything without draining the battery? I'm in the tropics so have no need for heated grips or similar things!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don’t know how many amps are available. But I do know that I’ve powered a heated vest, my Koso heated grips (on high), and my Garmin Montana GPS all day long for several days in a row on past cold weather rides, all without drawing the battery or straining the alternator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don’t know how many amps are available. But I do know that I’ve powered a heated vest, my Koso heated grips (on high), and my Garmin Montana GPS all day long for several days in a row on past cold weather rides, all without drawing the battery or straining the alternator.
as per the manual, fuse 2 at 7.5 Amp. supply Heated grip, diagnostic connector, engine control unit, extra socket, ABS-pressure modulator. So I guess the 2 connectors are for heated grips and extra socket.... pretty much it, only engine control unit and ABS pressure modulator on this 7.5 Amp. fuse. Probably 4 amps available, best is to hook an ampmeter is series with Fuse 2 and measure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
And, FWIW, I have 2 screws that I cannot find out where they go. Somewhat afraid to take it apart again on the chance that I'll have more than 2 left over. Wish that I had taken more pics.
The first time I took the panels off to get at those plugs (unsuccessfully due to the headlight, same issue as OP) I finally gave up and put it all back together, only to have 4 screws left over and no idea where they went. Pulled it all apart again and re-did it and got all the screws in this time. Not sure why we just can't take the headlight unit out, I've tried to do just that, but the assembly won't come out of the housing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry to raise the dead, but are these pictures from an R or a GS? I’m pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to remove the headlight assembly on a GS. I’m trying to get at the accessory plug, but I can’t figure out exactly which screws/bolts accomplish that. Anyone? Pretty please! I’ve seen mention in a bunch of threads, but nobody actually says which bolts are involved.
I feel your pain, I tried removing all the panels only to find I couldn't figure out how to remove the headlight housing, Put everything back together and then tried just removing the headlight to get at the plugs, but the headlight assembly seems to be too big to slide out the front of the housing, so I am just beating myself crazy on this as it seems absolutely ridiculous that you would have to remove so many parts. I would hate to have a headlight get smashed by a rock while on a trip and have to remove the whole front end of the bike to replace it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
To get behind headlight

1- remove 2 bolts just behind the flashers (no not the ones for the flashers...the ones more to the rear)
2- grab top of headlight enclosure (the part that extends over the dash) pull to disengage 2 clips
3- rotate the headlight towards the front

Voilà....Easy Peasy

·
Registered
50 Posts
To get behind headlight

1- remove 2 bolts just behind the flashers (no not the ones for the flashers...the ones more to the rear)
2- grab top of headlight enclosure (the part that extends over the dash) pull to disengage 2 clips
3- rotate the headlight towards the front

Voilà....Easy Peasy
Would this method allow direct access to the accessory plugs?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Awesome Post!! Thank you so much!!
You also confirmed that a good ol' fashion power bank Velcro to the handlebar will do the job just fine for my day trips!!:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could it be that the socket holder location changed or was deleted from the frame in MY21 G310GS?

Does anyone have access to the service manuals to confirm?

Thank you so much!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts