BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I've done my usual spray all over with ACF50 a job I do every 6 months - I have always used it for more years than I care to count, ACF is an anti corrosion formula used by US and RN on the planes on aircraft carriers, sold in most good bike shops. If its good enough for them it is good enough for my bike.
Well I must have gone a bit daft with it and sprayed a lot more than usual, got to work this morning, which is normally 25 miles, but its such a gorgeous morning I went the long way thro the countryside here in Yorkshire.
Got off the bike, funny strong smell, then as I got off, engine and exhaust were smoking very worryingly noticeable.
I left things to cool down and all good now, bit of Googling apparently this is normal on first use - phew. Spectacular but harmless. Note to myself next time do not go overboard with application.

·
Registered
330 Posts
yep good stuff that acf50. not cheap though.
Do you get the bulk bottle or just cans.
I'm thinking next time about the 32oz bottle

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a couple of Aerosol spray cans of ACF 50 from Infinity Motorcycles when they were having a buy one get one free moment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I applied mine too thick, and the smell stayed for days! This stuff does not try off (that's why it works so well), so it just stays there. Had to go back and wipe the excess off so I didn't have to smell it at every stoplight.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I applied mine too thick, and the smell stayed for days! This stuff does not try off (that's why it works so well), so it just stays there. Had to go back and wipe the excess off so I didn't have to smell it at every stoplight.
[/Q
Funny I just laughed out loud. My bike has been parked right outside my window at work since 08.30, its is now 14.10. window open such a nice day. Young lad with his Dad starts looking at my bike, Dad says ''don't touch it will be hot I can smell the engine is hot''

1 - 5 of 5 Posts