BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added it today took it out and it definitely helps a little bit although it was a very windy day and I was still getting blown around pretty good. Got it up to about 75 mph and if you crouch down you are in a nice little cocoon of no wind but you can't ride like that. Anyways I noticed that it won't go to full lock anymore I don't know if I got to take a little piece out of each side but I already tried adjusting the mirrors and they would be in a position to be almost useless to make them clear the windshield a little disappointed but I'll try and figure something out by the way you can't engage the lock on the steering with this windshield without some kind of modification.

Attachments

·
Registered
Currently bikeless. Buying a GS310 in Spring 2021
13 Posts
Looks great. Question: where did you get what looks like OEM adjustable levers?
I fitted , Givi mirrors, screen and handguards last week. At first the right hand mirror did hit but once I adjusted it properly to get a clear view behind, neither the mirror nor the handguards touch the screen. It might be that your handlebars are set too far forward? I am going to fit 25mm bar risers and might have a similar problem although I think they maybeput the handlebars nearer to the rider and this should be well clear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried adjusting both mirrors backwards till they didn't hit I basically had a good view of my chest even with them extended out all the way. as far as the handlebars the bike fits me well I'm not going to monkey with all that just to fix the stupid screen that should fit I'll probably just take it off and go back to the factory useless little thing. I currently have a complaint to givi and they are talking with me so we'll see how it goes. I'm seriously considering taking a rasp to it and filing away a little section on each side.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just added it today took it out and it definitely helps a little bit although it was a very windy day and I was still getting blown around pretty good. Got it up to about 75 mph and if you crouch down you are in a nice little cocoon of no wind but you can't ride like that. Anyways I noticed that it won't go to full lock anymore I don't know if I got to take a little piece out of each side but I already tried adjusting the mirrors and they would be in a position to be almost useless to make them clear the windshield a little disappointed but I'll try and figure something out by the way you can't engage the lock on the steering with this windshield without some kind of modification.
I like the look of the windshield, would love to see a couple of different angles so I can decide whether I'm getting one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a similar problem when I added a pair of Storm Barkbusters, although not to the level you describe. On full lock they would just hit in the 'V' between the screen and instrument nacel.
Anyway: I recently resprayed the beak, and while reattaching it, tried to align all the mounting bolts and holes more accurately than had been done on original assembly. Lo and behold, the whole front 'fairing' shifted forward enough that the Barkbusters no longer hit anything.
Now, I'm only suggesting that it was a matter of 1/4'' at most, but every bit helps.... Right ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts