BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the CRG shorty levers (Model 2RB-517) would work on my 2020 G 310 R (taking delivery of my bike on Friday). Has anyone used these levers? The dealership suggested this particular model.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sympathize with your situation, I too have small hands and whilst I cannot comment on the CRG brand, the 'net' shows
me that they are an expensive option.
I fitted, to my G310R, a set of FX-CNC long adjustable levers, they bring the reach to the bars closer by 20mm and have
improved control, especially the brake. All at 42 AUD
Whilst this may be your dealers recommendation, there are lots more to chose from on E-bay.
Happy hunting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob! Just received my second lever today so hope to get them installed soon. Got my bike today and the lowering kit and lower seat enable me to touch the ground on both sides at once. Wedgie-heeled boots will allow me to flat-foot both sides. Will post when I see how well the lever installation goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad news. The CRG levers were way too thick to fit my 310 R. Will have to return them. Will try the FX-CNC adjustable levers or ask my dealer up here for suggestions. I bought the bike from a dealer 300 miles south of here.

Also, to the small women out there, the wedgie boots were a bust. I couldn't get my foot under the gear change with them on. Will have to get used to riding without being able to flat-foot both sides. I can get the balls of both feet on the ground. Should be enough.

·
Super Moderator
1,020 Posts
Bad news. The CRG levers were way too thick to fit my 310 R. Will have to return them. Will try the FX-CNC adjustable levers or ask my dealer up here for suggestions. I bought the bike from a dealer 300 miles south of here.

Also, to the small women out there, the wedgie boots were a bust. I couldn't get my foot under the gear change with them on. Will have to get used to riding without being able to flat-foot both sides. I can get the balls of both feet on the ground. Should be enough.
Is being able to flat foot with both feet really important? As far as I remember (not that I have a problem flat footing at my height) I always just put my left foot down, keep my right foot on the brake and always keep the bike in gear at lights and when I stop. The only time I recall flatfooting is when I have the bike turned off and I'm about to put the stand down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is being able to flat foot with both feet really important? As far as I remember (not that I have a problem flat footing at my height) I always just put my left foot down, keep my right foot on the brake and always keep the bike in gear at lights and when I stop. The only time I recall flatfooting is when I have the bike turned off and I'm about to put the stand down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One foot will be enough, I have ridden for many years with only putting one foot down.
If you can get both balls of feet down you will be fine.
With my set-up I can only put one foot down flat and toes on the other side, never had a problem.
I only put two feet down (2 sets of toes in my case) in extreme circumstances ie; very wet or windy.
Also the gear change lever can be adjusted for more foot space (ie; rotated on spline).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your responses! For sure. Learned on a Rebel 300 so got used to being able to flat foot on both sides. Some serious hills here in SF so will try to avoid them until I get more comfortable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to Bob's recommendation. I bought the FX-CNC levers and they fit perfectly! No need to file down anything. Much better for my small hands. The FX-CNC levers were also a fraction of the cost of the CRG levers.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
6 Posts
@SusaninSF . I don’t know if you know about “ Jocelin Snow “. She is a GS trophy rider , she rides and competes on the big 1200GS Adventure bikes and She is only 5’2” . Check her YouTube channel , She has great videos about technics that shorter riders can use for riding bigger bikes. I’m not sure , but she was in a process of opening a riding school to teach some of this technics , but with the Covid that might be on hold at the moment. I believe she is located in your part of the world Salinas, CA ( if I’m Not mistaking you are in San Francisco CA)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Makedon! I have been watching both Jocelin Snow and CherrieBee who is 5'1". Super helpful. I also did a lot of work comparing seat heights, length, weight, adjustability of seats, etc. for all the available 200-400 cc bikes with ABS sold in the US and the G310R was the best choice for me. I was able to get the seat down to 28.3".

I originally got my motorcycle license in Japan 33 years ago. 400 ccs were considered big and I was advised not to ride anything more than 250cc. Part of the licensing test is that you easily maneuver your bike with the engine off and pick it up off the ground yourself. I don't think I will be able to pick up the G310R myself but maybe with some weight training…

Will look into Jocelin Snow's riding school. Salinas is about 2 hours away but it would be worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts