BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some cheap after market span adjustable lever set , the clutch lever bush id is too large anyone else have this problem , did yours come with 2 size bushes ?
Mine has dimesions of 12mm od 10mm id 14mm width.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My mate machined a new bush for clutch lever pivot , so sorted that issue out .
Brake lever issue noticed it does not close off the brake switch always so just tweaked the little metal operating arm to stop the brake light being on all the time. Also noticed the cup where the master cylinder rod sits is not a large a diameter as the standard lever , may also not help lever movement self alignment.

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
Make sure you try to start the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in to make sure that the clutch switch works!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just be conscious that the dealer might use that modification as a way to get out of the warranty, mine has even tho we have proven the leaver hasn't impacted the clutch travel, my dealership claims the aftermarket leaver hasn't allowed for full disengagement of the clutch and any issues are not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Both my clutch and front brake lever switch no longer work after installing after-market adjustable levers.
Can someone please post a picture (or even a simple sketch) of how I need to ‘tweak’ this little metal strip to make them work again.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts