BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
BMW G310R (2018)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sure this one has been done to death but after spending weeks researching aftermarket exhausts for my bike, and being staggered by the cost of some, I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered a Dominator GP1 direct from Dominator in Poland. At just shy of $300 delivered [to New Zealand] this thing is a bargain. No need to replace the whole system (expensive) and no need to cut the existing pipe to suit a slip-on [pain in the butt and a bit of a give away when my missus hears the grinder going!]. This system appears to utilise the exiting pipe connecting at the ring clamp so dead easy to change. Just hoping I don't have any ECU issues but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

The reviews for Dominator exhausts, as far as I can see, are all positive with the only downside being the noise of the straight through so I've purchased a full Db Killer to cover myself which, hopefully, will get me through the next WoF without any issues. If it doesn't, I'll just pop the old muffler back on. Too easy!

·
Registered
318 Posts
The Dominator exhaust is a complete system.
You'll need a 'star' socket to swop it into place.
And it takes a bit of giggling to get the right angles to miss the swing arm [this may take the time]
The ECU copes with the change in exhaust.
They are 'loud'.. If you need to pass a test just stuff some steel wool in there [saucpan scouring pads are just right]
YOu should find the engine breaths better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pretty sure this one has been done to death but after spending weeks researching aftermarket exhausts for my bike, and being staggered by the cost of some, I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered a Dominator GP1 direct from Dominator in Poland. At just shy of $300 delivered [to New Zealand] this thing is a bargain. No need to replace the whole system (expensive) and no need to cut the existing pipe to suit a slip-on [pain in the butt and a bit of a give away when my missus hears the grinder going!]. This system appears to utilise the exiting pipe connecting at the ring clamp so dead easy to change. Just hoping I don't have any ECU issues but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

The reviews for Dominator exhausts, as far as I can see, are all positive with the only downside being the noise of the straight through so I've purchased a full Db Killer to cover myself which, hopefully, will get me through the next WoF without any issues. If it doesn't, I'll just pop the old muffler back on. Too easy!
Good spend money, i went for the high mount, in this model just have medium db killer producing 98 decibels, and sound like this, consider that you'll loose the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
G310GS, S1000RR. HP2.
139 Posts
The exhaust cost only ±€150,00 in Europe.
I have the HP1 and a longer model with the hard Db killer.
Both are a bit loud.

But I will never go back to the OEM system.

I have used standard tools to change the system.
And bought titanium nuts as the original ones tend to rust. 😁

·
Registered
BMW G310R (2018)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I finally got around to changing the pig ugly 'stock' exhaust this afternoon for the Dominator GP1 I bought a couple of weeks back! A couple of minor issues to sort out but no big deal. I could probably leave them but if I do, they'll just bug the **** out of me! The existing centre clamp bar is fouling the underside of the swing arm so it'll need dressing back a bit. A flat on top of the bar to introduce a bit of clearance should do the trick. I'll also need to fit an aftermarket heatshield otherwise the heel of my right boot isn't going to last too long! Again, no big deal.

I'm really stoked with the result though. I haven't fired her up yet - bit late in the day now - don't want to spoil my neighbour's Sunday night TV viewing!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if putting a system on without a Catalytic Converter will throw a check engine light like a car?

·
Registered
BMW G310R (2018)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
BMW G310R (2018)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know if putting a system on without a Catalytic Converter will throw a check engine light like a car?
As far as I can tell, the ECU should be able to compensate for this. That's my next 'project', to see what ECU changes can be made to give my bike a bit more power. Why? Because I can!

·
Registered
BMW G310R (2018)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, just fired her up for the first time with a Db killer fitted and HOLY **** IT'S LOUD! I'm in so much trouble! Bike sounds absolutely freaking awesome. Even the guy over the road just stuck his head out the door to see what was going on.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, just fired her up for the first time with a Db killer fitted and HOLY **** IT'S LOUD! I'm in so much trouble! Bike sounds absolutely freaking awesome. Even the guy over the road just stuck his head out the door to see what was going on.
We told you .... !!! ha ha ...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Seconded !
Now you know why I've been building my own baffle ( see other Dominator exhaust threads ).
It's all done, awaiting the exhaust to go back on to see if it needs any modifications.

·
Registered
G310GS, S1000RR. HP2.
139 Posts
So, I finally got around to changing the pig ugly 'stock' exhaust this afternoon for the Dominator GP1 I bought a couple of weeks back! A couple of minor issues to sort out but no big deal. I could probably leave them but if I do, they'll just bug the **** out of me! The existing centre clamp bar is fouling the underside of the swing arm so it'll need dressing back a bit. A flat on top of the bar to introduce a bit of clearance should do the trick. I'll also need to fit an aftermarket heatshield otherwise the heel of my right boot isn't going to last too long! Again, no big deal.

I'm really stoked with the result though. I haven't fired her up yet - bit late in the day now - don't want to spoil my neighbour's Sunday night TV viewing!

View attachment 15770
You bought the shorty.. that is causing sound trouble I think. 🤣

With the HP1 it was already meeting other annoyed people on the road.
Before overtaking them on the highway, they looked back at me with disgrace.
I was just riding at the rear wheel of them.

The round is a little bit more silent when fitted the hard DB killer.

Engine power ..tested with the HP1 which I used for 2 1/2 year.

·
Registered
G310GS, S1000RR. HP2.
139 Posts
And my first 'Chinese' exhaust was way too loud as well. 🤣

The exhaust system was a little bit short; advised this modification to China.

The suspension travel of the GS is larger than the R..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't buy a Yoshimura catless exhaust. Mine has blown up twice in be 3000 miles. There is an area in the stainless steel where the weld comes up short ( to prevent burnout, I suspect) that is a cracking point. I'm so upset that they don't cover the repair or replacement and that it was just an expensive pos :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts