BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
BMC will be releasing an air filter for the bike shortly. 馃檭 Hopefully will let a bit more air flow to the engine and I'll be able to clean it.

Super Moderator
It will be interesting to find out if the BMC air filter is better than the OEM filter. I assume the BMC air filter will be an oiled air filter which may need regular cleaning/re-oiling to keep it working well. The OEM filter seems to be a 'paper' filter, they cost around the US$17.

Don't think the ECU needs tuning as the O2 sensor should be able to sort things out.

Registered
For the avg cost of around $60-$100 for a single BMC filter ( yes i know it is reusable ) and since the BMW filters are replaced once every 12000 miles I would have to put more than 50k miles on the little G310GS for it to be worth the investment. I can live with a little less performance ( less than 1% ) and a lot better air quality getting into the engine. With BMC filters only stopping particles larger than 7 micron my bike would be breathing like a 50 years old cigarette smoker in only a few days. My bike sits in my garage that is both a metal and woodworking shop. Dust and particulates in the air all the time, and in some cases down to 3 micron and highly abrasive. No thanks I will stick with paper filters. I use personal breathing filters down to 1 micron everyday, don't know why I would want my bike to have anything less.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
BMC can be cleaned. $50 bucks for a filter I fan leave in there for probably the life of my ownership is fine by me Having worked for BMW for over 15 years their filter are junk. Not looking for performance just wanted to get the trash of a BMW filter out of there.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
For the avg cost of around $60-$100 for a single BMC filter ( yes i know it is reusable ) and since the BMW filters are replaced once every 12000 miles I would have to put more than 50k miles on the little G310GS for it to be worth the investment. I can live with a little less performance ( less than 1% ) and a lot better air quality getting into the engine. With BMC filters only stopping particles larger than 7 micron my bike would be breathing like a 50 years old cigarette smoker in only a few days. My bike sits in my garage that is both a metal and woodworking shop. Dust and particulates in the air all the time, and in some cases down to 3 micron and highly abrasive. No thanks I will stick with paper filters. I use personal breathing filters down to 1 micron everyday, don't know why I would want my bike to have anything less.
I dont keep my bike in a woodshop. Probably not the best place to keep it.

Registered
Any idea how many times these BMC filters can reused? Or is it indefinite with proper care and maintenance. Seems like a no brainer upgrade if that's the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts