BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am too old to have a hot ***. Virginia summer is just downright uncomfortable especially if I have to get off and leave it in direct light for even a few minutes. Decided to try this based on targeted facebook ad and what appeared to be good reviews. Havent had a chance to try it yet other than parking my derrier on it for a minute or two. Think I am going to like it. Apparently nice butt ventilation when riding and keeps the seat from causing second degree burns. Seems to be a nice quality. Interesting design, its somehow a 3d mesh, like it is spring loaded, very bizarre. Fitment takes some effort and getting the seat on was a.....no I cant.....oh well.....a pain in the *** :censored::rolleyes:. They are generic sizes and the fitment around the front of the seat is too tight with too much material with no place for it to go. Had to thwack it a few times to get it actually lock. Hopefully it will stretch a little. Kind of like a hooker in fish nets....just sayin

Outerwear Sleeve Textile Waist Grey

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am too old to have a hot *. Virginia summer is just downright uncomfortable especially if I have to get off and leave it in direct light for even a few minutes. Decided to try this based on targeted facebook ad and what appeared to be good reviews. Havent had a chance to try it yet other than parking my derrier on it for a minute or two. Think I am going to like it. Apparently nice butt ventilation when riding and keeps the seat from causing second degree burns. Seems to be a nice quality. Interesting design, its somehow a 3d mesh, like it is spring loaded, very bizarre. Fitment takes some effort and getting the seat on was a.....no I cant.....oh well.....a pain in the * :censored::rolleyes:. They are generic sizes and the fitment around the front of the seat is too tight with too much material with no place for it to go. Had to thwack it a few times to get it actually lock. Hopefully it will stretch a little. Kind of like a hooker in fish nets....just sayin

View attachment 17431
I have a cheaper version, only covers the riders part of the seat. Easy to fit, doesn’t slip, no problem taking seat off and on.. Does the job. 😀
Also it has two layers so I guess you could put some padding in between…

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
582 Posts
Always fun watching the “jewel dance” when riders file out after lunch in Summer. Those mesh covers would seem slick. I use a sheep skin left over from my 1150GSA. Adds a bit hot or cold weather. Don’t look cool and gotta watch the darn dog, who’s convinced it a snack.

Reactions: TGuy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Always fun watching the “jewel dance” when riders file out after lunch in Summer. Those mesh covers would seem slick. I use a sheep skin left over from my 1150GSA. Adds a bit hot or cold weather. Don’t look cool and gotta watch the darn dog, who’s convinced it a snack.
that jewel dance is no joke...thats why I dropped the 75$....lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yeah watch ‘em when it sunny but still cool, wearing chaps. I been there. Not funny at time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had one for several years, about 8K, it takes about 500 miles to break in, soften it up a little. As far as tight fit, I had that problem to, but it goes away after it has been fitted for a while. I use wooden beads on another bike, I like those also, and just plain leather on the Corbin on my RT. For the money you can't beat this seat, keeps my butt from burning or getting hot spots, dries quickly if it gets wet, just give it a bit to settle in.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I‘ve had three Corbin leather seats on three BMW. So comfortable. Way out of my budget now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[I just got my mesh cover a couple of weeks ago ($15) from Aliexpress. The stock seat is good but with the cover it's great! I can feel the cool air circulate under my butt. And no more butt burn!

I have had one for several years, about 8K, it takes about 500 miles to break in, soften it up a little. As far as tight fit, I had that problem to, but it goes away after it has been fitted for a while. I use wooden beads on another bike, I like those also, and just plain leather on the Corbin on my RT. For the money you can't beat this seat, keeps my butt from burning or getting hot spots, dries quickly if it gets wet, just give it a bit to settle in.
QUOTE="VAdadofthr33, post: 115037, member: 10314"]
I am too old to have a hot *. Virginia summer is just downright uncomfortable especially if I have to get off and leave it in direct light for even a few minutes. Decided to try this based on targeted facebook ad and what appeared to be good reviews. Havent had a chance to try it yet other than parking my derrier on it for a minute or two. Think I am going to like it. Apparently nice butt ventilation when riding and keeps the seat from causing second degree burns. Seems to be a nice quality. Interesting design, its somehow a 3d mesh, like it is spring loaded, very bizarre. Fitment takes some effort and getting the seat on was a.....no I cant.....oh well.....a pain in the * :censored::rolleyes:. They are generic sizes and the fitment around the front of the seat is too tight with too much material with no place for it to go. Had to thwack it a few times to get it actually lock. Hopefully it will stretch a little. Kind of like a hooker in fish nets....just sayin

View attachment 17431
[/QUOTE]

View attachment 17431

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have put about 1000 miles on since i put it on already. It is not the air conditioned seats in the jeep but it saves the parts from the nasty heat for sure. I went down to the OBX a few days ago and it sat out in 90+ sun. Was able to hop on and ride away. Wish it had more circulation but I think that is a function of the bike and my fat derriere....lol. Huge improvement!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts