BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi looking at Akrapovic exhaust, has anyone upgraded to this yet and if so did they feel it was worth the outlay over standard exhaust. Thanks J

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
My 310R has rhis exhaust (full system). The previous 278 mile owner put ut on so I can't compare but I do like the sound it makes. Supposed to add a few HP which is always welcome. Not sure how much they cost so I realize this is not very helpful, sorry! Sure others will jump in soon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi looking at Akrapovic exhaust, has anyone upgraded to this yet and if so did they feel it was worth the outlay over standard exhaust. Thanks J
Yes, I have run an Akra on both models and if better performance and sound matter to you, then yes it is worth it.

There are several posts on exhaust upgrade options in Exhaust And Headers - BMW G310R Forum or http://www.g310rforum.com/forum/#vendors and this thread http://www.g310rforum.com/forum/321-exhaust-headers/5777-akrapovic-gs.html

·
Registered
27 Posts
As someone that has not yet picked up his GS, I did spend some time at the local dealer playing with a R that had the Akrapovic installed... Was intoxicating.. Didn't expect that quality of sound from a single.

·
Registered
469 Posts
My 310R has rhis exhaust (full system). The previous 278 mile owner put ut on so I can't compare but I do like the sound it makes. Supposed to add a few HP which is always welcome. Not sure how much they cost so I realize this is not very helpful, sorry! Sure others will jump in soon.
Never heard of rhis, did you mean Remus?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Yes, this instead of rhis. Sloppy typing, sorry ... can't get used to the touch screens.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the Carbon Fiber version. Easy to install. You will need a E16 external Torx socket to remove exhaust from engine.

Yes, it was worth it for performance, look, sound, and weight loss. Not a huge amount of gain until airbox mod and ECU Flash. It will come with baffle pre-installed. Leave it in or take it out. It is louder without but not incredibly so. You may want earplugs for long rides if the baffle is out. If no helmet definitely use earplugs (the foam type 28-30Db)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts