BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a 2019 G310GS and have personally installed the carbon Akra exhaust system, Clearwater lights, Evotech skid plate, and have successfully used the OBDlink lx to reset the service reminder. I am only mentioning this in case someone has a question about any of these procedures, maybe I can help. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
That Akra can looks sweet. I had one on my R1200R and loved it. Is it just a slip on or a system? I have a few other things to do before I get to the exhaust but hopefully will get there!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a bit loud, much louder than stock but only when on the throttle pretty hard. I can control the sound while riding slow through my community. For me, the stock sounded like a gas powered golf cart and I didn't like it. This is all with the baffle in. I have decided for now I will take the baffle out as it is only slightly louder, few f's given. FYI, replacing the baffle is a bit tricky but doable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats your take on noise when cruising compared to OEM exhaust?
Sorry, while cruising it is an awesome sound, not too loud. Only when accelerating is it loud. Still not louder then your stereotypical HD in any scenario.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The one I gad on my R1200R was a bit louder than stock but looked better, sounded better and was about 5lbs lighter. All winners in my book.

·
Registered
20 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeM, post:successfully used the OBDlink lx to reset the service reminder. I am only mentioning this in case someone has a question about any of these procedures, maybe I can help. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]
How did you get the OBDlink lx to connect?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I just did my 500 mile service yesterday and was able to reset the service reminder with my OBDlink MX. I got it connected after re-configuring the MOTO SCAN app... Worked great.. But you have to buy the pro version of MOTO SCAN....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Akrapovic exhaust is a Full System and is the easiest exhaust install I ever did. As exhaust port is rearward, there is only 2 bolts to remove at engine (you need a Torx Socket, I don't remember size), remove muffler attachment and you are done. Then just install the new exhaust, simple.

That skid plate looks exactly like my SW-Motech one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
As for loudness, I did not install the DB Killer in mine and it is fine, but if you are worried about it, just install the DB killer it comes with. If you ride with no helmet (not recommended), definitely install DB killer or you will damage your hearing over time..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts