BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where is this baffle located?
the baffle is located in the rear of the muffler, you'll need an Allen set to take out the small bolt on the left under the rubber grommet. After the bolts out get a towel place it over the metal baffle get some needle nose pliers and begins to pull. Mine came straight out with out any strength.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the stainless one supposed to come with the catalytic converter?? I just recieved mine and it has instructions for installing it but it was not in the box??
I think the stainless had the cat, so you have a cat on yours? If not it's not to loud just leave the baffle in. Hmm I think I threw my instructions away it's pretty easy to install only thing I hated was tightening the 02 sensor

·
Registered
132 Posts
that is the "pre silencer" the stainless can has the cat installed during assembly in the end of the head pipe at the inlet of the muffler. the carbon can version is more of the race one, no pre silencer or place for a cat.

as near as I have been able to determine, the American version does not come with the catalyst and no one keeps it in stock, I only found one retailer that even list Akrapovic catalyst and they don't list the one for this pipe. the American one also does not have a removable baffle.

·
Registered
132 Posts
is it welded in place? cause mine had a screw inside the carbon tip that I had to drill a hole in the carbon to access.
It the baffle didnt appear to be removable until we took a closer look
I have not gone drilling holes in it looking for a screw, it doesn't have the rubber plug mentioned elsewhere to remove to get to a screw. not a big deal I like it the way it is.

sounds good, not as good as the Titanium Moriwaki system I have on my CRF250L, but better than stock, and it is way better looking than the stock system.

·
Registered
104 Posts
that is the "pre silencer" the stainless can has the cat installed during assembly in the end of the head pipe at the inlet of the muffler. the carbon can version is more of the race one, no pre silencer or place for a cat.

as near as I have been able to determine, the American version does not come with the catalyst and no one keeps it in stock, I only found one retailer that even list Akrapovic catalyst and they don't list the one for this pipe. the American one also does not have a removable baffle.
I just installed mine as well (the SS one) that I got from RevZilla. No cat as well!

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Funny, this morning idling at traffic light, older gentleman in car next to me with window open said to me "I appreciate how quiet it is". Yes, I said, it is quiet (at idle).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.