BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Has anyone (preferably from Canada) ever ordered any bike parts from AliExpress? What was your experience like? What was the actual cost once everything was factored in? I want to buy a radiator guard that's listed at $22 and change. I know it's not SW Motech or Givi but it's better than nothing and I can't really afford or justify $100 plus for a small square piece of aluminum.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a good experience of order and led headligh that listed on aliexpress for 99$ and in US stores price was doubled around 199$, regarding delevery to my county kuwait in middle east it was run smoothly and as promissed, regarding quality i think it was cheap and low quality product because of reduced price but when i got it in my hand i found that is a high quality product and i was happy to get my headligh and i have an good experience. i just like to share the experience thats may help you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've ordered a ton of stuff off aliexpress for my bike, I'm in Seattle. It always gets here, just takes a little while.

Quality has been surprisingly good across the board. I ordered a big aluminum pannier set with corresponding luggage rack, plus some other odds/ends.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I live in Philippines and use a website called Lazada. Basically just about EVERYTHING on this website comes out of China and I’ve ordered LOADS!
So far from maybe 100+ items purchased, I’ve only had to reject 3 or 4, and 2 of these were due to damage in transit.
For example on my GS I have Puig touring screen (either a copy or factory reject - but fitted perfectly and looks good): bar risers: Pelican style top box (FABULOUS quality and only $80): Sit&Fly type mesh seat cover ($6 and works perfectly and faultless quality): MRA style screen blade ($18 and fully adjustable - BUY ONE!).
My latest order is a full set of 35L aluminum side panniers WITH frames for only $250 (look almost EXACTLY the same as SW MOTECH Trax at less than 25% of the cost).
I’ll let you know about these after they’ve arrived.
I always check customer reviews wherever possible and as long as you remember that maybe the stainless steel isn’t quite as good as top brand models, and maybe the welding could be better, you can’t really go wrong.
However I would NOT buy anything Engine related or Brake related. Stick with accessories and you’re reasonably safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts

I purchased the above two items from Ali Express and delivered to NL, Canada. Quality of products was actually better than I thought it was going to be and had no issues. Price was has listed. Delivery time as a little slow. Would order again. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a smartphone bar mount on Ali, and hand guards, the guards are a bit too flimsy, gonna replace them soon. But liked the bar mount, I wrote about it here:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts