BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
BMW G310R (2018)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I'm no expert but applying a bit of logic I've concluded (rightly or wrongly) that there must be some degree of interchangeability between alloy rims from bikes of a similar size. For example, the Yamaha MT-03 which has 17" rims front & rear like the G310R. I know the disc and hub mounting on the MT-03 is on the opposite side to the G310R but surely this can just be flipped?

Assuming that there is a degree of standardisation for the fork leg gap/axle length etc. it doesn't take a big leap of the imagination to see the possibility! Problem is, like I said, I am definitely not a subject matter expert in this area. Any technophobes out there know the answer to this question. Am I talking shite or is this modification possible?

·
Registered
72 Posts
First of all, I'm no expert but applying a bit of logic I've concluded (rightly or wrongly) that there must be some degree of interchangeability between alloy rims from bikes of a similar size. For example, the Yamaha MT-03 which has 17" rims front & rear like the G310R. I know the disc and hub mounting on the MT-03 is on the opposite side to the G310R but surely this can just be flipped?

Assuming that there is a degree of standardisation for the fork leg gap/axle length etc. it doesn't take a big leap of the imagination to see the possibility! Problem is, like I said, I am definitely not a subject matter expert in this area. Any technophobes out there know the answer to this question. Am I talking shite or is this modification possible?
Hello Blue!
Custom bikes are made of different parts, as a Frankestein tale. So if you have the time, money, expertise, or simply the curiosity is possible to adapt different parts on a bike. Personally I can tell you that I changed the cast wheels of my GS, with a spoked wheels of a '02 F650GS, the rear wheel is in opposite side, even the rim had an arrow that shows the direction, but when I mounted on my bike, it runs normally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts