BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Just experienced BMW G310GS Bad Alternator myself last weekend Nov 14th 2020. My bike has 3400 km on it and I was about 50km from home when suddenly the engine died and stop in middle of no where. Had it towed to Motorrad workshop and I was told that the problem is at the alternator. It got burnt out. What make disappointed is that the warranty has expired a few months ago. What really piss me off is that it is a manufacturing defect and Not because of usage. I want to write a company to BMW Germany for selling a defective product to customers. And looking at the issues happened to this 310, it is manufacturing problem.
Need help on email of BMW Germany customer service. Thanks everyone.
Hi Sunu,

That's no good.

A word of advice, when writing a letter, write to BMW in your country, mention that you really like bmw bikes etc... then talk about how the alternator issue is a known issue for these bikes, ask nicely if they are able to cover your alternator. Mention the low kilometers on your bike!

You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If you're nice about it, there is a higher chance that they will do something for you.

With a nice letter to Mercedes, I was able to get a problem on my car sorted, even though it was eight years old. The issue with my car was a recall issue in the US, but not a recall issue in Australia due to the low number of occurrences in Australia compared to the US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Sunu,

That's no good.

A word of advice, when writing a letter, write to BMW in your country, mention that you really like bmw bikes etc... then talk about how the alternator issue is a known issue for these bikes, ask nicely if they are able to cover your alternator. Mention the low kilometers on your bike!

You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If you're nice about it, there is a higher chance that they will do something for you.

With a nice letter to Mercedes, I was able to get a problem on my car sorted, even though it was eight years old. The issue with my car was a recall issue in the US, but not a recall issue in Australia due to the low number of occurrences in Australia compared to the US.
Hi Sunu,

That's no good.

Hi Port,
Got your point.
But when we bought a product from a good brand, we expect the product to be in a good quality also right. And expressions of complain also reflect under what circumstances when it happens. Imagine you ride alone, off road, raining and your motorcycle doesn't run.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Also stress the VERY low km on your bike. This for me clearly indicates a manufacturing issue. Added to the fact it is barely out of warranty.
Here in Canada, BMW warranties the G310 for 3 years or 60000 km.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts