BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I upgraded to RR level 1. The biggest difference I noticed at first was the front didn't dive as much and didn't bottom anymore. After a year I took the rear absorber to a work shop for service. As I waited to get the absorber back from service, I installed the original absorber. O'Boy! What a difference. It was a real downgrade. Bike was almost undrivable. It was a relief to get back the Tractive absorber. That's when I realized where I put my money. It's really worth doing the upgrade. The best thing with the cheap suspension components on the G310GS is that it doesn't feel so bad to change to after market parts. On my old R1200GS one of the OE ESA shocks cost half the purchase price of a G310GS. It sucks to have to buy a new because the absorber can't be serviced or repaired.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sure sounds much better than the stock exhaust - that tinny sound is gone. About how much louder is it than stock when heard directly (difficult to tell this in a video)? Could you possibly give a percentage estimate such as 25% louder, 50%, etc. (I realize that's difficult but some idea of the increase in sound would be helpful). Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sure sounds much better than the stock exhaust - that tinny sound is gone. About how much louder is it than stock when heard directly (difficult to tell this in a video)? Could you possibly give a percentage estimate such as 25% louder, 50%, etc. (I realize that's difficult but some idea of the increase in sound would be helpful). Thanks.
Not an easy answer, maybe 50% louder, my wife said that she can hear when I came home from 2 blocks! Facts: now is 98 decibels.
Check yours downloading an app is around 60 decibels maybe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Seems to be a trade-off - much nicer sound but loud. I'll have to think about this as I don't like my bikes too loud - for me me that can get tiring on all day rides. The Dominator's appearance is an improvement also. Difficult choice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
These things are always a matter of personal taste ( not to mention the law... ), but I would say there is really no comparison from the stock pipe to the Dominator.
The OEM is overly civilised- You only get any real exhaust note once you reach the top 3rd of the rev band, and even then it is far from intrusive. With the Dominator, I have to take the greatest care not to make enough noise to alert the 2 surrounding blocks right from a standstill ! It is only 'quiet' when on idle. The thing is basically a straight through pipe, and in my opinion it's like waving a red rag to the boys in blue.
I am in the process of making up a baffle for it, We'll see how well it works.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts