BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has put on a radiator guard?
SW and R&G have them, custom fit for about $135CDN.
Silver, black, or platinum in color.
R&G has a universal black metal one, for $36, which when cut to fit makes two, attaches with cable ties.
On the GS there is no protection just wide open fins that bees and stones are going to leave their mark on.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Surely others must have noticed the lack of radiator protection?
Even the R has more protection than the GS with the little plastic triangle from the factory.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I built my own, was not willing to pay for something that should have been there to start.
Had some flat metal at the shop, it has lots of small holes in it, maybe a bit smaller than a pea.
Painted it with black metal paint 3 times on both sides and cable tied it at each corner.
I like it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I built my own, was not willing to pay for something that should have been there to start.
Had some flat metal at the shop, it has lots of small holes in it, maybe a bit smaller than a pea.
Painted it with black metal paint 3 times on both sides and cable tied it at each corner.
I like it.

Did the same thing!:cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've just fitted the R&G radiator guard in a very nice shade of blue that matches the blue in the motorsport colours very well.
It's easy to fit with the screws and spacers provided, the most time consuming part was cutting and sticking the sponge strip to put around the edge of the guard where it might touch the radiator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm about to make a quick fender extender to protect the radiator. Will make a rad guard if the fender extender doesn't keep enough dirt and drama away . . .

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've just fitted the R&G radiator guard in a very nice shade of blue that matches the blue in the motorsport colours very well.
It's easy to fit with the screws and spacers provided, the most time consuming part was cutting and sticking the sponge strip to put around the edge of the guard where it might touch the radiator.
Pic of the blue on the bike please

1 - 10 of 10 Posts