BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Puig make bar ends for the 310 (part number 8804), Barracuda also make bar ends (part number bt1000)

Anyone know of any other bar ends that will fit the 310?

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bar ends with an M8 threaded bolt should work, otherwise get yourself a thread adapter (e.g. M6 to M8, M12 to M8)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just took my throttle side bar end off to repaint it from when it fell over. The bar end it's self isn't threaded only the end of the handle bar.

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Anyone know how to get the threaded inserts out of and back into the handlebar?

Just bought Rizoma bar ends MA534 in silver. I assume they come with M6? socket screws, so the options that I have as I see it are:
1. Remove threaded inserts.
2. Get thread adapters M8 to M6?.
3. Get M8 socket screws and drill 8mm hole into the bar ends.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well mine came out on the throttle side while trying remove the OEM bar end.
Left side stayed in.
I had a tough time removing the bolts and the whole insert had to come out for me to get
the bolt out of it.
Thread the bolt back in minus the bar end and tighten enough to loosen up the insert,
back the bolt up a bit and pull.
It will come out with some effort.
Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, so threading the screw in that extra distance causes the insert to loosen (I assume by causing part of the insert to move inwardly)?

Do you have a picture of the insert?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks, so threading the screw in that extra distance causes the insert to loosen (I assume by causing part of the insert to move inwardly)?

Do you have a picture of the insert?
When fully threaded in, and you tighten it up it should then rotate the
insert to loosen up its death grip on the bar.
Then pull hard and both should slide out, helps if you continue to
turn the bolt while pulling.

Will try to get a picture for you soon.

·
Registered
469 Posts
IMG_0281.jpg
Hope this is clear.

Reactions: porth

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those inserts aren't coming out. I've ordered 2x 8mm male to 6mm female thread adapters.

Picture of a Rizoma bar end attached. I ended up getting the Rizoma MA502.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any rattling/vibration issues with these aftermarket bar ends? I was looking to add the bar end mirrors on mine but heard about vibration issues if you don't customize it to use the stock ones.

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't fitted the bar ends yet, I'll have to wait until early January for the thread adapters to arrive. I'll let you know then if there is any additional vibration. This could be the case as the Rizoma bar ends are significantly lighter than the stock ends, or it could just move the vibrations to a different frequency.

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've installed the Rizoma bar ends, I think they look pretty nice. I bought some M8 male to M6 female thread adapters and some 22mm od washers to further space the bar ends from the grips. Pictures attached

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The bar ends are much lighter than the stock, around 1/3 of the weight. I haven't ridden it yet, it's in 'storage' as it's to hot to ride at the moment ;)

·
Registered
935 Posts
I haven't ridden it yet, it's in 'storage' as it's to hot to ride at the moment ;)

Oh my god, I feel very sorry for you !!!!!!! ;-)
Here ................ december has been very grey and wet and january looks the same at the moment.
We haven't seen the sun for weeks and riding the beamer wasn't an option.

Yes, you can (some do) but looking at my commuter bicycle, I don't want to go out on the beamer.
Mud, sand and grease (?) all over the bicycle and if this was on the beamer it will take me hours to clean it.
It's not that I hate cleaning the beamer but once it is cleaned, I want to enjoy a clean bike for a few rides and not do all the cleaning all over again the next day.

If it's hot here ............ around 25 Celsius, I wear a Hein Gericke summer jacket that lets a nice breeze through but still has all the protection you need.
Beside that .................. keep riding and avoid traffic jams and city traffic ;-)

PS were do I found the emoticons for this forum ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts