BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SURPRISE!

Went for my first fill-up and had to disable the vapor-recovery nozzle.

I was tearing through the Manual to find anything on it, but no such luck. Not really convenient.

Anyone else have this issue, and please enlighten me on solutions!

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
955 Posts
Move to another country ;)

Just kidding, for most people it's not a problem because those vapour recovery nozzles are limited to a very small number of countries.

You'll have to get use to filling up with two hands, or lobby your local member to get rid of vapour recovery nozzles or require an override button.

The problem here is with the nozzle, not with the bike, the bar prevents the nozzle from going in too deep and cutting off before the tank is full.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Move to another country ;)

Just kidding, for most people it's not a problem because those vapour recovery nozzles are limited to a very small number of countries.

You'll have to get use to filling up with two hands, or lobby your local member to get rid of vapour recovery nozzles or require an override button.

The problem here is with the nozzle, not with the bike, the bar prevents the nozzle from going in too deep and cutting off before the tank is full.
No worries. It got resolved, and YES, it is the nozzle...

Cheers!
JDR

·
Registered
324 Posts
There are a number of (cheap) devices from a number of manufacturers available that wedge on to the nozzle and keep the rubber boot out of the way while you fill. Old problem, old solution.

A link to a thread on this subject on the ADVRider forum:

Vapor Recovery Nozzle Tool | Adventure Rider

1 - 5 of 5 Posts