BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I was looking around for bar risers for a while. You guys probably know that Wunderlich offered a very high quality bar risers for 75 bucks. I found this one on Amazon, I think this is a fantastic tape measure job by my Chinese fellows. I like the color and I doubt there is a quality difference. The only difference is that I will feel guilty buying this WundERlich copy. BUt wunderlich hurts my wallet, ohhh

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
why don't you get Rox Risers? they will hurt your wallet too, but give you more rise and you can rotate the whole thing closer towards yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
why don't you get Rox Risers? they will hurt your wallet too, but give you more rise and you can rotate the whole thing closer towards yourself.
by the way, I tried to install a higher aluminium bars with conjunction to Rox Risers, and the clutch cable was just too short, and it is impossible to re-route it. So I do not recommend to go higher than 2" in rising the bars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Those look perfectly adequate to me. Since there are no moving parts, you can trust that they won't fail even though they are Chinese knock-offs. Assuming they included the correct fasteners and decent mounting instructions (including using medium strength Loctite), I see no reason to get the Wunderlich risers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check out bar risers from MV Motorrad. I have installed them on my GS. They are bar back type risers. Raise the handle by 40mm and closer to the rider by 40mm. You will have to play a bit with cables, but not too much that you cannot manage. The seating posture is much more comfortable and saddling is more easier.

take care and ride safely
Rajesh

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I like the gold color. But that is too bad to Wunderlich. bECAUSE I am Chinese, so I know tons of people are using those bar risers, and so far no issues

·
Registered
752 Posts
Wunderlich real of copy is a neat solution, but rox riser let you pull the bars towards yourself as much as you want. so it is a double type of adjustment - rotating the bars, and pulling the bars towards yourself (or away from you) from the bottom clamps. i wanted to add one more riser, as I like the bars really close, but the clutch cable is just too short.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I installed the Rox 2inch risers, definitely have to play / move the cables, but it does provide a better riding experience.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I installed the Rox 2inch risers, definitely have to play / move the cables, but it does provide a better riding experience.
I wouldn't mind to have a bit more rise, on top of rox risers, but that damm clutch cable is too short. I did my best to find the right balance between pulling the rox risers back, and twisting the bars back/up. it is close enough, but still my hands are not fully comfortable, a bit strain on my wrists.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm going crazy with bar risers.
I've mounted wunderlich ones. The height (+25mm) is fine but I'd like the handlebar to be more far from me, i.e. shifted forward. Unfortunately I'm not able to find risers that would solve the problem. Rox are too high for my purposes
Any suggestion?

·
Registered
752 Posts
rox riseer (or copy of them) are the best. however, for me 2" was a bit too short so I installed additional 1" riser beneath the rox risers, and there is no problems with the cables. 3 inches in total will not interfere with the cables but you need to reroute some of them (not the clutch cable).

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm going crazy with bar risers.
I've mounted wunderlich ones. The height (+25mm) is fine but I'd like the handlebar to be more far from me, i.e. shifted forward. Unfortunately I'm not able to find risers that would solve the problem. Rox are too high for my purposes
Any suggestion?
Marci. Have you looked at SW Motech Bar Backs?. They can be used the other way around- i.e bar forwards, and they will give you (i Think) 30mm height and 20 mm forward, just check in case I've got the measurements right because I'm going on memory only

·
Registered
89 Posts
Marci. Have you looked at SW Motech Bar Backs?. They can be used the other way around- i.e bar forwards, and they will give you (i Think) 30mm height and 20 mm forward, just check in case I've got the measurements right because I'm going on memory only
Thanks
checked, they move bar position up 30 mm and back 21 mm (or front) Hole spacing: 32-38 mm
https://sw-motech.com/en/products/ergonomics/handlebar/bar+back/4052572041000.htm

I have just to check if hole spacing fits, and whether moving forward the handlebar may create problems with the key.

·
Registered
752 Posts

it all depends on the personal preference, and how long your arms are. for me 30mm rise does not do anything.

another option is to get higher handlebars.

the benefit of Rox risers is that they allow you to move handlebars forward and backwards to suite your personal needs. i think nothing can beat Rox Risers. if you order them, and your arms are not so long, choose 3" for 22mm handlebars. with 2" risers, i still felt too much strain on my arms.

·
Registered
89 Posts
update,
yesterday I checked the bar and I realized that BMW made complex something that should be simple
the Oem bar clamps have a trapezoidal shape (see pic)
The SW Motech bar backs will not fit as all the other risers that works similarly.
In addition moving forward the handlebar of 21mm is not possible since it would interfere with the ignition key.

I will search for complete replacement of clamps which allow moving forward or backward the handlebar.
I friend told me that they are quite common for off-road bikes (probably some designed for KTM may fit)

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance
But what is the point of Bar Risers. I get what they do but don't understand quite why. I have come from the Sports bike background so accept I am missing a point.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Risers and similar help in improving the ergonomic of the riding position
Typically there are needed when the bar is too low for the driver.
In bikes that are going to be used off-road this modification is quite common to allow riding uprights (not seated)

In my case, I need them since I'm relatively tall (184 cm) and I replaced the oem seat with the high one, as a consequence in the standard setting the handlebar becomes too low.
In addition, coming from spor-tourer bikes I prefer having it moved slightly forward to avoid straining my back while driving

·
Registered
5 Posts
I fixed Raisers

I am 5'6", and past 60 years. Getting back to motorcycling with the G310R was a calculated decision. Most of the bikes i saw around had a very aggressive stance - lean forward. Not the best for my back, and intention of taking long journeys. I got raisers fixed, and i have been playing with the handle-bar position for a while. I have finally arrived at what is a REALLY comfortable position. The comfort adds to its handling even in slow traffic. It was the best thing i could have done for myself!
These are the Rox Raisers someone talked about - much better if you want the handlebars a little closer to you.
Dont miss those golden levers matching the fork! Love them!

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
yes, risers are not only needed for off-road but any regular riding. if the handlebars are low you need to bend to reach them and this creates strain of both the arms and wrists. i really do not understand why people buy sport bikes, unless they want to race. in my mind, it is entirely masochistic.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just used 1" (25mm) stainless steel spaces for my r. Enough height for me, simple to fit, you will need longer bolts, a very cheap, maybe not ideal for some.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts