BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just installed mine. The right hand piece connecting the handlebar clamps to the aluminium bar should be the other way round. I know it gets up tight with the front brake reservoir. I found it necessary to adjust the handlebars slightly forward to avoid the nut under that connector from coming into contact with the tank paintwork.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've just installed mine. The right hand piece connecting the handlebar clamps to the aluminium bar should be the other way round. I know it gets up tight with the front brake reservoir. I found it necessary to adjust the handlebars slightly forward to avoid the nut under that connector from coming into contact with the tank paintwork.
I have the Givi HP5126 handguards on mine. It uses a flat bar from the guard that mounts up under the mirror - this saves valuable handlebar real estate.
I also fitted the Barkbusters with VPS shields, and it is as you said Trevgif22, 1 clamp over and 1 clamp under cables. Mine also touched the tank on front console plastics on the throttle side, but the Wunderlich handlebar risers sorted that out completely.

The Givi HP5126 is thermoplastic and more for weather and small branch protection. The BarkBusters have a very strong metal frame for impact protection. I had a few drops and slow speed falls on a recent off road course and the guards protected the long flimsy levers of the GS perfectly. The little plastic tab on the corner got a few scratches but that is what it is there for, very easy and cheap to replace when I want to. I added LED strips for added commuting visibility

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fitted my Barkbusters up to the GS:

Brake side over the cables, clutch side under the cables. It was a bit of a fiddle on the clutch side until I noticed that I had at least 25mm of bar space to move the mirror mount/clutch lever outboard. Then it fitted just fine.

I opted for 'Storm' guards. I use an 'Omni-Cruise' throttle lock and needed to cut a small notch out of the top side of the guard to make sure the cruise operated unhindered.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wish i had seen this thread yesterday just spent whole morning trying different combinations of fitting barkbusters. in the end after trying various combinations of fittings i ended up with it the same as you one up and one down , plus i moved the left hand mirror ...Also due to moving the mirror, it meant i no longer needed the mirror riser's i had also bought now have lovely rear view in both mirrors ..(mirror risers i will hold on to just in case lol )

[/QUOTE]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts