BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot stress the value of using a battery tender when your bike is not in use. I have been using one on my bikes since 1993,really works well and I have never hade to replace a battery on any of my bikes,

I live north of Boston Ma. so it does get cold up here.

good luck and enjoy your ride

Kneedown

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agree, out of interest how do you have trickle charge setup? i.e. seat off, disconnected or do you have something that allows you to charge without taking seat off?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My experience. My dealer said they put a trickle charge SAE connection on all their bikes which is what I have. They had it tucked under the seat so every time I had to pop the seat. A pain in my opinion. I have a GS so I am unsure the R is the same (likely is if you have it), but there is a hole in the compartment under the seat where the wiring runs through. I rerouted the connection out and zip tied it to the frame. Now much simpler to attach charger.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my best advice is to search "motorcycle battery tender" on youtube answers all questions.

get back to me if you need more info

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310R, 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650cc
54 Posts
The best place I use which is the most convenient and is out of the way is to use cable ties to secure the charging lead to the frame rail under the seat on the left or right whichever is closest to Optimate and to allow the plug with the waterproof cover on to be visible (just about long enough) this allows to connect without the need to unlock the seat. I have used the Optimate chargers on all my different bikes for 20 years and my latest model is the Optimate 6. View attachment 15246

·
Registered
G310GS, S1000RR. HP2.
88 Posts
I find it very easy to remove the saddle.
The dealer has connected a wire, as they do to all their bikes, but is is for a different brand charger. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts