BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2019 G310R the original BMW battery after about 3 weeks parked. Not low but stone cold dead. Grandson may have left the key on but not sure. I took the dead battery out and tried charging it without success. I thought about ordering a replacement From the local dealer at a cost north of $150.00. I happened to be going to Walmart and out of curiosity I checked their Everstart brand battery and their premium EX-TS9 to be an exact match right down to the mold markings. The only difference were the stickers on the battery. At $84.95 the savings was substantial.
Sleeve Purple Gadget Luggage and bags Communication Device
Sleeve Purple Gadget Luggage and bags Communication Device

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
On my 2019 G310R the original BMW battery after about 3 weeks parked. Not low but stone cold dead. Grandson may have left the key on but not sure. I took the dead battery out and tried charging it without success. I thought about ordering a replacement From the local dealer at a cost north of $150.00. I happened to be going to Walmart and out of curiosity I checked their Everstart brand battery and their premium EX-TS9 to be an exact match right down to the mold markings. The only difference were the stickers on the battery. At $84.95 the savings was substantial. View attachment 16193 View attachment 16193
Nice find, thanks for sharing!

US$150 from the dealer seems really steep, for less than that I got my Lithium battery.

·
Registered
2019 G310GS
32 Posts
If the 310R uses the same as the 310GS. Check out this one. I posted this back in June on the 310GS forum

"The Yuasa YT12A-BS is the same size, with same placement of positive and negative posts. But 10.5AH power (2AH more), and 175 cold cranking amps (40 more). Should work lots better especially for those that have added powered accessories to their bike."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts