BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 6 cables connected to my battery.
Blacks go on minus and reds on positive but where dies the black and red cable go?
i checked the user manual and of course the pictures don’t look like the reality. They show only a minus and positive cable. So frustrating
Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Did you buy new ? If so did the previous owner add some kind of accessory ?
It adds up pretty quick :
In my case the dealer had added an lead for a charger (SAE plug), so that makes 4 wires ( 2 red 2 black).
Since I already had a charger/ batt maintainer with a proprietary plug, I added the lead for it (2 more wires for a total of 6)
I kept the SAE plug since I have a small 12volt air compressor with same type of plug.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the reply
I bought used but the owner never mentioned any updgrages / updates.
On the right side of the bike I also have an electric component, in a black plastic 2 inch long "box" with a blinking green light...

·
Registered
253 Posts
It may end up being a pain in the rear but it might be worthwhile to trace each of the wires to find out where each ends and what teach is connected, if anything. Then again, it might be much easier to contact the seller and ask about the wires.

I can't swear to it, but it's possible the black box with the blinking green light is the flux capacitator.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That sounds like it's that connector for a battery charger/maintainer. Should be two extra spots for a yellow and a red light. Each is an indicator of the battery's charge - green being good down to red being low. BMW dealerships will install these; always CTEKs. If you don't drive all of the time and experience drastic temperature changes over the year I couldn't recommend them more. Makes it so you don't have to take the battery out for any cold weather issues and helps maintain a charge without over-charging it. Here is what I got which has the "Care" setting which maintains a perfect charge.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here's trying to keep from making a bad joke involving DHS....:rolleyes: and failing badly.

As described, could be anything, and 2 wires still left unexplained

·
Registered
330 Posts
It may end up being a pain in the rear but it might be worthwhile to trace each of the wires to find out where each ends and what teach is connected, if anything.
And orders of magnitude easier to do it at home than on the side of the road. At night. In the rain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts