BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be keeping my GS310 and will probably be my last bike. So I will be doing all my own maintenance when warranty runs out.
With all them 5mm Hex bolts I am going to need a quality Hex key. I am prepared to pay for such a thing, I am thinking of a P type handle. Unless someone knows better.
Can anyone recommend a good quality make ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not much use for the Torx bits as in these amazon URL’s. I have outlaid a bit more and got some good quality individual T bar Allyn keys (Hex Keys) . You only need about 3 from memory. Buy them as you need them. The other thing I done was to cut down a 5 mm L shaped key, so it is just the long straight piece and I use that in my battery drill to remove the bolts, but I don’t use them to reassemble as the chance to strip the recess is too great.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Not much use for the Torx bits as in these amazon URL’s. I have outlaid a bit more and got some good quality individual T bar Allyn keys (Hex Keys) . You only need about 3 from memory. Buy them as you need them. The other thing I done was to cut down a 5 mm L shaped key, so it is just the long straight piece and I use that in my battery drill to remove the bolts, but I don’t use them to reassemble as the chance to strip the recess is too great.
any 5 mm allen or alien key will do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts