BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Neat little mod, fortunately here where I live I can just leave it on the handlebar without worries or just take it with me most of the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You can have two, one on either side. I also think that they can key both sides the same so you will only need one key. Contact Matt at Lidlox and ask him directly.
Another way to mount is to hang the helmet on the mirror and attach the lidlox on one of the bolts that secure the hand brake fluid pot.
There are videos on the website.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are looking for a great way to secure your helmet to your G310R here it is.
I use the LH grip-end to lock my helmet while I am away from the bike.
Lidlox.com
Did you add a handlebar end to the right handlebar in order to make the two handlebars look somewhat uniform or did the lidlock replace something existing on the left handlebar? I really like this system but it would interefere with plans for Puig bar ends...

·
Super Moderator
973 Posts
Best lock would be one that is located just under the seat and locks the helmet to the bike when the seat is locked, provided that the helmet strap is long enough to allow this

·
Registered
222 Posts
Best lock would be one that is located just under the seat and locks the helmet to the bike when the seat is locked, provided that the helmet strap is long enough to allow this
Yeah that would be great... a simple bracket that becomes hidden/inaccessible once the seat is in place.
Something like on the following picture, taken from a Yamaha forum.. looks like the guy made its own. Will look under the G310R's seat to see if something like this is conceivable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you add a handlebar end to the right handlebar in order to make the two handlebars look somewhat uniform or did the lidlock replace something existing on the left handlebar? I really like this system but it would interefere with plans for Puig bar ends...
The lidlox replaced the stock bar end. See pic of the stock bar end and the lidlox side by side.
The one on the left and bolt are the original stock parts and the lidlox and bolt are on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Porth and Heap,
I would totally agree with you on the helmet hook under the seat is the best.
My other bikes have them and it is very convenient.
The stock seat on my G310R is not hinged so it isn't as easy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah that would be great... a simple bracket that becomes hidden/inaccessible once the seat is in place.
Something like on the following picture, taken from a Yamaha forum.. looks like the guy made its own. Will look under the G310R's seat to see if something like this is conceivable.

This is one thing that I miss on my G310R. I had have a Yamaha FZN150 and it had a facing down hook under the seat, so it was impossible to take off the helmet without removing the saddle .

Reactions: nodsman

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
White310R,
I don't have the part number info to verify and I see that they have not listed it on their website as yet.
Go to Lidlox.com and contact Matt. He should know what parts you will need for the G310R.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts