BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over Christmas I fitted a Wunderlich switchable USB port located on the bolt inside the fairing on the RHS. The USB port has a sprung cover, on/off switch and wires directly to the battery. Wunderlich USB socket with ON/OFF switch 5 V 2.1A IPX3

This will enable me to connect to an iPhone 11 so that I can use it as a Sat Nav or to locate BOATs and other off road routes. I was planning to go to a few motorcycle shops in Bristol early January to determine which would be the best mounting/holding system. Then in the first week of Jan, the UK went into another lockdown which meant surfing the net, but no touch feely experience or trying for size.

There are many systems out there X-Grip, Quad Lock etc. but I would be interested to hear from anyone who has fitted one to their 310GS Handlebars and what the pros & cons are. Good or Bad I would be interested to hear it all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I fitted the Quad Lock on my G310R and it is very very good. It looks very nice and it is very stable. I strongly recommend it.
The only thing is that it is a little bit pricey.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a X-Grip did not seem secure replaced with Quad lock bit more expensive but just looks and feels more secure ..I also use the Ram system for everything phone ..sat nav

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm using the Ram Quick Grip XL with handle bar mount. It is super solid and NOT going anywhere. Easy to put on and take off with one hand. The bad...well it's so solid it shook the camera loose on my iPhone lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for your replies & recommendations. Doing a bit of research it appears that the vibrations that the iPhone receives on a the handlebars can affect the camera. Has anyone experienced this and what is the solution?

Many thanks, Ken

·
Registered
46 Posts
Many thanks for your replies & recommendations. Doing a bit of research it appears that the vibrations that the iPhone receives on a the handlebars can affect the camera. Has anyone experienced this and what is the solution?

Many thanks, Ken
Quad lock do a vibration dampener as well that might help with vibration problem

·
Registered
G310GS, S1000RR. HP2.
88 Posts

Many thanks, Ken
Do not use it, use your older phone without optical stabilizer.
A friend has used the Iphone on his Suzuki at low speeds and flat roads, it had to be repaired twice. 🏍 :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Over Christmas I fitted a Wunderlich switchable USB port located on the bolt inside the fairing on the RHS. The USB port has a sprung cover, on/off switch and wires directly to the battery. Wunderlich USB socket with ON/OFF switch 5 V 2.1A IPX3

This will enable me to connect to an iPhone 11 so that I can use it as a Sat Nav or to locate BOATs and other off road routes. I was planning to go to a few motorcycle shops in Bristol early January to determine which would be the best mounting/holding system. Then in the first week of Jan, the UK went into another lockdown which meant surfing the net, but no touch feely experience or trying for size.

There are many systems out there X-Grip, Quad Lock etc. but I would be interested to hear from anyone who has fitted one to their 310GS Handlebars and what the pros & cons are. Good or Bad I would be interested to hear it all.
Hi Ken,
The Quad lock simply does the job! Get the extra suspension/vibration kit!
Cheers H

·
Registered
39 Posts
The sad truth is that there is no mounting system that guarantees no damage to a smartphone with optical stabilisation camera hardware. The quadlock with vibration dampner seems to be the best bet but again no 100% guarantee there as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Guys, many thanks for all your feedback & responses. It seems Quad Lock with the anti vibration is the tried and tested way to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts