BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
From your description, they don't know what's wrong with the bike and they're trying to consult BMW; that's reasonable as long as it doesn't drag out too long.

You need to find out what the lemon laws are in your state. If they apply to your situation, ask your dealer what they're willing to do. If possible, get agreement from your dealer on a date that if it's not fixed by that date, they will replace your motorcycle, refund what you paid, or refund what's specified under the lemon laws. If you dealer isn't cooperative, you probably need to talk to a lawyer.

Good luck. 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Called BMW again today and described the situation. They told me I'll have to work with the dealer. Though they also mentioned that I can file a complaint or make a repurchase request, which would the case to be escalates to a case manager. But she warned me that repurchase requests are only very rarely approved. Not much help from the dealer so far, who is getting slower and slower to respond to my messages. But the person at BMW also told me that if I don't get the bike back in a reasonable amount of time, I can file some kind of compensation claim with them. Oh well...

Registered
Read up in your warranty guide provided when you purchased bike. Quite clear about 30 days to remedy situation or it becomes 鈥渆mergency鈥. Seems to read that at that point they can take bike to more competent technician other than dealer (yeah right) or give you a different unit. It does read like your dealers techs are incompetent

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It'll be 30 days on July 2, so by the end of next week. No update so far, and I highly doubt that I'll have the bike back by then. Very ironic, the whole situation, since I bought a new bike to avoid exactly this situation. Seems like I'm the only person in a hurry here.

Registered
I feel your pain. I was doing the 500 mile service and discovered that my water pump leaking and it was charging at 15 volts. Dropped off at dealer yesterday. They 鈥渕ight鈥 get to it next week. I at least convinced service manager to have a water pump kit and regulator coming.
I鈥檓 lucky enough to have a spare bike and no Trips until August but darn it hurts anyway.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts