BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, there seem to be a few other threads dealing with this but my issue seems a little different from the stator issue that most are describing.
Was on a ride yesterday. About 5kms in the bike suddenly cut power. I looked at the dash and it was off. 2 seconds later it lit up and the bike was fine. 30kms later same thing. This time bike went off. Dash was off. No lights - nothing. Pulled over, tried they key on and off, nothing. No power on the dash. No lights. Checked the batt and it was fine. All the little fuses were fine. Any ideas where to start. Bike is the gs310 with 22k kms and there is no dealer where i live.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sometimes it's the obvious. I take it that you checked tightness of both leads on the battery and all earth/grounding points. Next to check would be the ignition lock. Doesn't sound like the kill switch, but doesn't hurt to check that too.

·
Registered
318 Posts
agree with hasselman at 22k things may well have loosened. You just need to work through it all.
You may even find some chaffing/rubbing of the loom, in particulaly around the headstock area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts