BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
G310 gs
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from Australia and just purchased a new GS310,I love the bike but would like a black windscreen ,the same as I have now but not clear,any ideas where to get one please
Thankyou

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

If you're feeling a little handy, have a hairdryer in the house, and you don't mind the shape of the original screen, it's one of the easiest parts to vinyl wrap. An inexpensive solution offering plenty of choice of color & texture...and if you don't like it, peel it off and try another.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

If you're feeling a little handy, have a hairdryer in the house, and you don't mind the shape of the original screen, it's one of the easiest parts to vinyl wrap. An inexpensive solution offering plenty of choice of color & texture...and if you don't like it, peel it off and try another.

black or clear makes no much difference, other than person preference. because it is so low, so you do not look through it anyway.

·
Registered
G310 gs
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My clear one has got a very deep scratch in it as on the first day ,A bungy cord snapped back and hit it and damaged it ,,,on the very first day of owning the bike ,,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Painting the inside of the screen works a treat. From the front the screen is gloss black. The underside can be flat / satin / gloss, whatever you choose.

I didn't paint my G310GS, but I have painted others:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi mate
Canberra rider here. I sourced a black windscreen so you do get them. Mine is also much higher and works much better then the standard one. You can get it in Clear, Smoked or Light Tint. Not sure if it is what you are after but I just wanted to say Yes, you do get them, and no need to go paint anything or something stupid.

I have more photos if you want some.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually my bad, I just saw that you wanted the original one in Black - so maybe painting them/wrapping them is the best option. Either way - have fun and ride safe!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts