BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a 61 year old grey haired semi balding male that has been riding motorcycles since I was 6 years old and had sold my last motorcycle (Custom Chopper) that in reality was easier to look at and not ride - here I am, soon to be back in the saddle again. Looking back over all of the past 55 years the displacement and seat height grew larger and higher but with each increase the enjoyment level decreased and I found myself riding less. Thinking back to when I enjoyed motorcycling the most is when I was in complete control on a motorcycle of only 175cc's. It was in the early 1970's on my Yamaha DT175 Enduro.
I'll admit I came very close to buying a Honda Grom but thanks to my wife of 33 years and my 25 year old son they convinced me that i would look stupid on a bike that small and would probably be limited on where I could ride.
As Edgar Heinrich, head of design at BMW Motorrad stated at the world launch in Spain, " the 310 models are about making motorcycle riding fun again ". I could not agree more and look forward to experiencing this feeling once again when I take delivery of my R and GS in the coming months.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Where in western NC are you located?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cool. I’m just south of ya about 30 miles in SC. I visit Hendersonville often. Where are you buying the 310 from? Let’s ride sometime when it gets warmer. I wanna check the Greenhouse Moto cafe in Mills River when it opens up for the year.
Here’s my contact number 864.444.5933
Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts