BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Northover, Offroad Instructor and Stunt Rider, along with Product Manager at BMW Motorrad, Sabine Krojer go through and discuss the G310 GS in a bit more depth than what we have gotten so far. A few close ups of certain parts, a bit of explanation on how useful this bike is, etc.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The gas tank looks a lot bigger with someone standing beside the GS. It may be out mid 2017. Someone asked and the BMW youtube account said "Please contact your local BMW Motorrad dealer in the middle of 2017".

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least they thought of the accessories you're going to need. i.e, smart phone cradle, top case, side bags, a small gps, etc.

·
Registered
707 Posts
That's where BMW makes a lot of money from their touring bike sales as the profit margins are pretty high. The suspension looks pretty soft though, noticeably sank when they were bouncing on it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ouch.. that's quite some time. Get you a G310r in the mean time and get a G310 GS to join it in your garage later ? ;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you're willing to wait then by all means, get a cheap second hand bike to ride in the meantime. Maybe it'll be a global debut so everyone gets the GS model around the same time instead of waiting until 2018.

·
Registered
707 Posts
There are dirt cheap 125 cc bikes I can get second hand while I wait for the GS model. There isn't much info out there for the G310 GS, but I know it's the one for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man this is absolutely gorgeous and I want one so very badly. I wonder what the price difference will between this and regular G310R?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man this is absolutely gorgeous and I want one so very badly. I wonder what the price difference will between this and regular G310R?
I doubt it would be much at all.

From what I found, In India, the G310 GS will be 2.5lakh.

The G310r non-abs is 2.2lakh, and the ABS is 2.75lakh

·
Registered
707 Posts
I was reading the video replies from BMW Motorrad and they said that the GS model's launch is planned for mid 2017 in India. I assume a similar launch date applies for the rest of the world?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Wouldn't doubt it... the rest of the world may even get it slightly after. It'll follow however the G310r is being released. I don't see why they would change from that

·
Registered
486 Posts
Highly likely that the rest of the world will follow after the country of production. It makes more sense when you look at the shipping logistics of the first few batches.

·
Registered
577 Posts
No doubt.

From that stand point on a volume product that doesn't cost all that much, it's just about the only way.
The only thing that will change that is if a certain market holds a higher priority or means a better launch for them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The only thing that will change that is if a certain market holds a higher priority or means a better launch for them.
In a world where a dozen roses can be grown in Chile and shipped fresh to my local grocery store here in southern Oregon, where they cost me US$10, is a world where I have no idea what makes any economic sense. So betting where BMW is going to launch these things is not a bet I'm willing to make. But I bet it's going to be a while before I get to see one. :|

·
Registered
707 Posts
Won't be surprised if I see a G310 GS near the end of the riding season, at that point I may as well wait until the 2018 season before getting one. Better deals and it'll be warm enough for me to ride it home.

I've seen how cars are shipped around the country and I still don't understand why the shipping companies do what they do, the same is sure to happen with motorcycles.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't imagine what sales would be like if they brought it to the public at the end of the season though. Typically they would do it before, or early into the season so that people can get em' and ride em' opposed to having to buy it and then leave it in the garage

·
Registered
254 Posts
If the past is any indication of BMW's intentions, I think they'll just ship them as soon as they can, no matter what the season. I was the second delivery of the F800GS to my dealer here in Oregon back in October of 2008, while people in Europe had already been riding them for several months by then. I can't imagine BMW holding this new bike back just because people may not be able to ride them much right away. Besides, which one of us is going to allow a little rain and snow to keep us off of a brand new bike?
:laugh:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Being a newb... me :(

But given that you have more experience than I do, I'll take your word for that as it makes sense. If they've done it like that before, there's no reason why they won't do it again.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Snow will definitely stop me from riding and it's going to be a pain to clean all that salt off the bike after every ride. But the weather may not stop people from buying motorcycles, especially when there are deals to be had during the off seasons.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts