BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, A new BMW G310R Owner here. Any one had any luck with getting a Center Stand ? All the one's I can find online are for the G310GS which I am sure won't be suitable for the 310R due to the height difference. I so badly need a center stand. It just makes life easier

·
Registered
210 Posts
I believe T. rex has stands for the “r”. Are you really sure you need a center stand? A simple paddock stand does the same thing, costs less and will raise either the rear or front with ease.
thus saving 10 lbs on bike. one does lose the ability to fix the bike on the fly, but how often is that gonna happen in the real world? With a little savvy, it easy to get a wheel up and off using just your side stand and a Prop (stick). Assuming of course you’ve assembled the required tools and have them with you…. I would think the GS stand though longer, would function fine as these a not heavy units. Easy to shorten off the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe T. rex has stands for the “r”. Are you really sure you need a center stand? A simple paddock stand does the same thing, costs less and will raise either the rear or front with ease.
thus saving 10 lbs on bike. one does lose the ability to fix the bike on the fly, but how often is that gonna happen in the real world? With a little savvy, it easy to get a wheel up and off using just your side stand and a Prop (stick). Assuming of course you’ve assembled the required tools and have them with you…. I would think the GS stand though longer, would function fine as these a not heavy units. Easy to shorten off the bike.
I did checkout the T Rex Stand and they do have them for the 310R but unfortunately I am based out of Australia and they are charging crazy shipping charges to get it delivered here. The bike getting bulkier due to the centre stand is not really a issue considering what I get in return with the centre stand. I use my bike as a daily commuter and hence having a centre stand makes life much more easier for me be it refuelling, parking literally any where(this is the most important thing for me), Chain lubing, Checking chain slack etc etc and the list goes now. Might have to settle with a paddock stand as none of the dealers or parts store seem to have the centre stand for the 310R. And regarding the G310S centre stand I did consider it but I am not really sure how it will work out to due to the stand being way too longer due to the seat height of the 'S'.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The difference in ground clearance is 55mm (220mm-165mm). I think that with the proper technique most riders would be able to get a G310R onto a centre stand sold for the G310GS.

·
Registered
210 Posts
JonQuirk has got it I think. Use GS stand, easy enough to have shortened by a welder before install. I’d think being in Australia, Ali Baba would work shipping wise

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree----cutting and welding a locally available center stand should be a vey economical solution. Cut and fit it yourself and take it to a welder. I love having my T-Rex center stand on my G310R. I never trust a kickstand with the bike leaning over and a center stand takes weight off of both tires when parked. Easy to service both front and rear tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One company in S. Korea make MOST of the G310 center stands....$160 via AliExpress. Exactly the same Center stand as the primary seller of CS's, even included their Installation Manual. Bought, installed (very frustrating installation, the last SPRING is a monster to install) and after a few hours off-road ride, went home and immediately took the center stand off....way too much weight and reduced ground clearance for a G310. Sold the Center Stand to a fellow in Arkansas, and he called me to let me know he hated it too. and took it off and resold it also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts