BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Your camera makes the ride look relatively stable and bump free, but was there a lot of vibration when you took the G310R off-road?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your camera makes the ride look relatively stable and bump free, but was there a lot of vibration when you took the G310R off-road?
A little bit, but it tackles bad road very well. Felt I had very good control on bad ground :grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'd be more afraid of hitting those potholes, so many of them all over those back roads. Did you manage to dodge them all or ride straight into them like I would inadvertently do.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If the g310r only has a little bit of vibration on gravel/dirt roads, I imagine the GS model's ride to feel like butter assuming BMW changes the suspension setup.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
The mirrors look different to my mirrors, might have something to do with local requirements?

See attached picture of my mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dang, that's a lot of potholes... and here I thought my place was bad enough. :p

Camera looks dope, what's your say about the Xiaomi Yi? Theres an apparent trend in my local area with those cameras but I have heard mixed reviews about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Last month I did some dirt road (difficult roads between hills) on mine and, despite the road tyres and the ABS, it performed very well. I believe that with the right tyres it's perfect for offroad.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Has been my experience as well, quiet stable off the tarmac.

I do like the Metzeler Tourance tyres fitted to the GS’s. Good grip on the tarmac, wet and dry, yet delivering the goods off road.

There some nice concepts around of R scrambler variants.

Reactions: R1deS1uT
1 - 19 of 19 Posts