BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, have googled around and not found anything useful

What paddock stands are you all using (front and rear) and what is the setup like? Detailed pictures please.

Have heard its meant to be cups...not sure how to use these...have also heard these aren't too stable...would hate for the bike to fall off the stands.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've used both Bike Master and Venom rear stands with my 650 Kawasaki Versys with swing arm spools and have had no problem with stability while working on the machine. They're both available through Amazon (as is almost everything!). as I recall they include spools and "pads" that go under the swing arm if the swing arm doesn't have threaded holes for spools. I believe spools are more stable but both alternatives work well in my experience.

When using a rear stand I squeeze the front brake and cinch a Velcro strap around the lever. It's better than chasing the bike across the garage. I've not had my 310R up on a paddock stand yet. It resides in Maine at our summer home and we're stuck in Texas at our winter home this year. Oh well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A paddock stand and bobbins on the swing arm may be a bit easier to use but I have pads as per the one used by kRUSEN and it works fine. A detail is mine has springs to allow the pads to be pushed out to the swing arms width. This means the same stand will fit a wide range of bikes. Rather than apply the front brake, I just chock the front wheel.

·
Registered
2018 G310R
3 Posts
Just joined and saw this post while trying to figure out what people were doing to put the bike on a proper stand. I use Pit Bull stands for some other bikes and they are rugged, solid and stable. But there are no predrilled holes to screw in spools on the G310R. And for me, stands that depend on pads under the swingarm are just too fussy to be easy. I fabbed these Delrin spools and some aluminum spacers (one hollow to go over the axle nut on the left). Threaded the ends of a 12mm aluminum rod and turned the ends down to 10.7mm (same diameter as the left side of the axle. Pulled everything up tight with a couple of 6mm bolts. With a regular Pit Bull stand, these things really work a treat.

Intl Harv

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm cheap. I just pass a steel rod through the axle and use that to lift with the cheap Canadian Tire set I bought when I had my CBR250R.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't. If I wan't to remove the wheel, I use car jack stands under the swing arm.
To be honest I was responding to ih574 post on his beautifully fabbed spools.
But how often do you remove the wheel vs maintaining the chain?

·
Registered
2018 G310R
3 Posts
Thanks all. Those things attach with a couple 6mm bolts through the centers. To take rear wheel off, just remove them.

But . . . wait . . . I guess, without the spools, I can't lift the bike to remove the wheel. Hmmm. May have to do a rethink. Or follow bbb and go with jackstands for that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use Oxford paddock stands front and rear on my GS , the rear come with spool attachment and the cup attachments i keep the spools on and use for lifting rear in storage...... if i want wheel off one nut to undo bobbinsand they are off ,swap to the cups on paddock stand then lift rear ,five to ten mins (the most) to do that , so not a problem for me .....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts