BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's all dependent on where BMW prices the g310r at if they want to attract the riders who are thinking of getting one of their competitors bikes.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's all dependent on where BMW prices the g310r at if they want to attract the riders who are thinking of getting one of their competitors bikes.
Top of the range is what i'm thinking they'll aim for, just not sure how much more, in the end it should be a price that's easy for someone to move to without much second guessing.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Maybe somewhere around the 6k mark? I think the Duke is around 5k and the Ninja is around 6k. So somewhere around there to be competitive.

·
Registered
577 Posts
To start, yeah that should be it. Out the door with what ever accessories and options someone adds, it could be more. Maybe ABS will be optional.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nah, the ABS is supposed to be standard equipment. From looking at the chart, only the Duke 390 has ABS also. That will be g310r main competitor.

·
Registered
577 Posts
True say.

Good to see that is indeed the case, looked up the duke and the two-channel ABS it has is indeed standard.
Say it was optional, how much would you expect it to cost?

·
Registered
72 Posts
never heard of Mojo before. Is that the bike in the center? It looks nice. Not nearly as powerful though. Is it India only or something like that?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's the Mahindra Mojo made by an Indian company so that's probably why we haven't heard much about them. I think the bike is limited to Indian too so I'm not qutie sure why it's on that list even if it's in the same segment.

·
Registered
577 Posts
never heard of Mojo before. Is that the bike in the center? It looks nice. Not nearly as powerful though. Is it India only or something like that?
First time hearing of them as well, probably new company, which in this segment could make sense, being a lucrative segment.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The mojo seems to be a touring bike but if a buyer is looking at it as a possible bike they may as well increase their budget and get the G310R. You get ABS, better acceleration, handling and agility along with a more well known brand badge.

·
Registered
577 Posts
That and the dealer support helps, BMW dealers are common enough for the most of us, it's one of the reasons why i see people not going for KTM although there are some upsides to owning one.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good point. I think there's only one store where I live that sells the KTM whereas a BMW dealership is a lot more common.
Yup.

Also one thing I THINK might be possible with BMW is that you can order parts through BMW Automotive dealers, so you might not have to venture out all the way to a BMW Motorcycle Dealer if they're farther away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This chart has no application outside of India.

The indian market is skewed by tarrifs. For example the R3 and Ninja 300 are NOT produced in India and therefore suffer increased prices as a result.

You need to compare Euro prices for a 'fair' comparison.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts