BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that wasn't able to make it to the show and anyone still waiting on word of its availability where you live, this walkaround video is the best it gets, for now!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Very nice fairing pieces and the color coordination looks great too. I would prefer the blue over the white. Would like an underslung exhaust but the stock one looks great.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice fairing pieces and the color coordination looks great too. I would prefer the blue over the white. Would like an underslung exhaust but the stock one looks great.
underslung for me, I don't like how bulky the stock exhaust looks, underslung will go a long way in making it look better, to me.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Took a look again and I may change out the signal lights and replace it with something else. Maybe a flexible LED light bar for the rear signal.
Somethig like this:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took a look again and I may change out the signal lights and replace it with something else. Maybe a flexible LED light bar for the rear signal.
Somethig like this:
As long as it's bright enough at night and legal, i'm all for it. is that a light you have used in the past with your other bikes?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nope, just something I'm interested in as a small personal touch. But you do bring up a good point. I have no idea if that is bright enough to be street legal.

Is it something you're interested in?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would have liked to see a version of this with knobby tires and maybe some hard cases on the site to market it as a traveler's bike but I may have to wait at least a year for that to happen.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, just something I'm interested in as a small personal touch. But you do bring up a good point. I have no idea if that is bright enough to be street legal.

Is it something you're interested in?
Not at all, i'll be sticking with the stock lighting setup.

Definitely check if it's street legal since a ticket could cost you as much as that lighting setup or more.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Anyone started looking for new tires or will you guys stick with stock? Just came to mind when I re-watched the video and saw a close up of the tire with 150/60.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stock for sure, i'm not even sure how long I will keep the bike for. Plus I rather ride the G310R in its stock form and get a feel, but chances are in the end i won't care to change them out.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's a low cc starter bike that's not going anywhere but the pavement. I don't really see the need for a new set of tires when most will undoubtedly move onto something with a bit more power.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a low cc starter bike that's not going anywhere but the pavement. I don't really see the need for a new set of tires when most will undoubtedly move onto something with a bit more power.
Exactly. The usual trend of 250-300cc ownership is about a year, from my own experience. Within that year, is it really worth it to change tires? I don't think so, for a small portion that may be the case.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Depends on many things, how much someone rides, riding conditions, total weight, the tire itself, the list goes on.

I know with how often I ride, chances are i'll be able to get away with just having the original tires.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Same^
I like in a northern climate where it's either too cold or snowing half the year so the stock tires will last quite a while for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts