BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So bought my bike on 4/9 and still have yet to get paperwork to register with the county- Arapahoe. Initially when i needed my first new temp tag it was met with a little attitude. After back and forth they issued me a second temp tag. Now as of yesterday that has expired, and they say by law they cant issue another one and this is the county's fault. Of course I called the county the week before and they were little to no help as well. Little frustrated with the fun I am having to get plates. I ponder if things would be different if it was a 1200GS....

I also have never bought anything brand new and because of decent finance numbers and inflation I financed, I regret that decision! At this point I have my fingers crossed this will also be resolved in the weeks to come after almost 4 months now. I will say Earl over a BMW of Denver is not helpful in the least bit and has a smug attitude.

At least the service department seems to be on the ball, and because of free oil changes for life guess I will continue to do business with them. UGH I just want my plates.

Registered
If Earl isn't the top of the food chain at that dealer, then I would be introducing myself and explaining my situation to someone up notch or two.

Same with whoever you spoke with at the gov agency.

Your situation seems like "mid level" complacency.

I'd light fires from above. Politely. 馃槈

Registered
Always goes better with a smile. I guess I鈥檓 spoiled living in Californi, it鈥檚 crazy here but DMV works. Your not alone in licensing issues, but it鈥檚 not your fault. I鈥檇 just keep riding, document your efforts. They鈥檒l have sorted when Winter comes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So have an appointment on the 23rd for the DMV, so fingers crossed all is resolved! Conveniently the dealership and DMV are like a mile away from one another so if there is issues I am hoping someone form the dealership can make this right. I swear private party transactions are way easier, leave it to the professionals they say but doesn't seem to be the case. How long are people going to blame COVID for poor customer service???

Registered
Hang in there. I鈥檝e had nightmarish issues with private sales here in California, with cars, smog etc. COVID鈥檚 not gone, will be the excuse until ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts