BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just received my new G310R here in Western Canada. Love it so far. I'm looking to get back to my roots and to get a lighter steed.
I've never been without a bike in my 54 years of driving so each bike has been in the stable for a LONG time.. My list of previous bikes is in chronological order:
Honda 50
Yamaha Twin Jet 100
Bridgestone 350
Yamaha 360 Enduro
Suzuki GS750
Yamaha FZ1 1000

Right now I,m looking for a center stand as this is the first bike without a built in one. Is the "Oxford Big Black Bike Stand" OK? The BMW manual says an adjustable stand is needed but if this one fits?? Does anyone else have better solutions? Remember I'm in Canada so my selection is much less than in the United Snakes.

That's all folks...

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've got a few (but not many) more riding years than you and agree that I'd forgotten just how much fun a small light bike can be. I have the GS flavor and love the wee beastie.

I bought a center stand from an ebay seller in Thailand (Moto Roar) and am happy with it. The legs would be a bit long for an "R", but could be shortened fairly easily. The frames appear to be identical as to the stand and spring mounting points.

·
Registered
144 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts