BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I’m new to riding (just passed the Skills test here in Florida) and had been looking at a BMW F800GT but the G310R was introduced to the US market at the perfect time, and I brought one home in black. Love the feel of the bike as both my wife and I had taken the New Riders Course on Harley Street 500’s. Big difference in handling characteristics!

I’ve been reading the posts on the forum and am stoked (yeah, I surf too) about the enthusiasm from more experienced owners. It really helped me to decide on the 310. Thanks for all the great info and look forward to getting to know everyone.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Bradg310r,
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the forum and the G310R.

I’m waiting for spring to come again to put some kilometers on the clock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome. I myself only passed my countries skills test a month ago and got g310r for first bike. On my next ride will be the first time i (intentionally) let it go over 6000rpm. But even under that its got more power than a learner needs but i can tell its something you can grow into, especially on scenic twisty roads where it seems to love being in the 5000+rpm range

·
Registered
707 Posts
Welcome fellow new rider! There's just something about riding that feels so liberating. For long countryside rides, you may want to pack some wet wipes to wipe off any bug splatters. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
St. Augustine!! I just took my safe rider course in Palm Coast, and travel to St Augustine regularly. I live in Melbourne, but am hoping to be brave enough to take a ride up there soon. Keep an eye out for a tiny person on a Cosmic Black bike ;) Happy riding!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts