BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my G310R used from a non BMW dealer. It had 189 miles on the clock. As my previous post covered What do you do if you breakdown in the UK, I received this email reply from BMW Customer Services, (its one of many I submitted and recieved)

Thanks for your email about warranty transfer.

"I can confirm that after I updated your details on systems your warranty and roadside assistance was transferred.

We do not send out any warranty and roadside assistance details for our BMW Motorrad customer as it’s held on our records only.

I hope this was helpful but if there’s anything else I can assist you with, please do let me know.

Kind regards

Danish

BMW Motorrad
United Kingdom
Danish Ahmed
Customer Support Executive
Summit ONE
Summit Avenue, Farnborough
Hampshire, GU14 0FB
Tel: +44 (0) 800 3256 000
Mail to: [email protected]
URL: http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk
end quote.

Great. So I have the warranty and roadside assist transferred. BUT I do not have the C.C or any other information as how to do this.
What number to call, what is my C.C number which I'm sure you will need to produce in a breakdown.
On the registration certificate I have the previous owner which is the garage I bought it from, ( they can't divulge that information-Data Protection Act) So I contacted the DVLA (Driver/Vehicle/Licence ? Authority i.e vehicle registration) and asked if I could have some details of the first owner, the idea to try and find out which dealer he/she bought it from. I was told in a very pompous email that such information is not available to the public only to the Police and other authorities.
You know, as much as I like this 310R, something tells me my next bike isn't coming from BMW.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Having an email from customer service confirming the warranty was transferred to you seem like good news, no ?

Here, with the bike I was remitted a little handbook that basically says: if you need roadside assistance, call X number and provide name and VIN. That's about it, no other special document or number was remitted.

Here's the UK version of the handbook, probably you can find the proper # to call in there, if one day you're in trouble.
http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/resources/6795/assets/documents/PolicyHandbook_Motorrad_Warr_UK.pdf

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is what I found in the G310R Brochure for Canada :

BMW Motorrad Roadside Assistance
We pride ourselves on the quality of aftersales care we provide. Like BMW Motorrad roadside assistance: round-the-clock breakdown assistance.
Call 1-800-267-8269
If you have a breakdown in Canada or the USA, our experts will do everything they can to get you back on the road.
If they can’t fix the problem immediately, they’ll get you to your destination by other means.
Ask your BMW Motorrad dealer for more information.

So that is the number for USA and Canada

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for your replies, You are right, I think I over reacted a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts