BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens if you break down by the roadside. Is there any breakdown/or recovery included with the G310R here in the uk? or is it an option?
Thanks
Blackie

·
Registered
197 Posts
What happens if you break down by the roadside. Is there any breakdown/or recovery included with the G310R here in the uk? or is it an option?
Thanks
Blackie
When I bought my G310R last July, it came with free roadside assistance, recovery etc. that lasts for 2 years. It appears to be the same as that offered to the bigger BMWs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A booklet? The only booklet with mine was the operator guide/service book in a black
pouch cover that (I assume) goes under the seat, is that it, or is it a separate booklet.
Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
A booklet? The only booklet with mine was the operator guide/service book in a black
pouch cover that (I assume) goes under the seat, is that it, or is it a separate booklet.
Thanks
You should have got a booklet and a credit card sized breakdown card when you bought the bike. Contact the dealer who supplied the bike as there may be a delay at the moment (sometimes happens at busier times of the year).If you have only bought the bike very recently, you will probably get all the information soon.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Blackie,
What happens if you break down by the roadside .................. simple, PUSH

Just kidding !
Here, in the Netherlands, we can call
1. BMW roadside assistence,
2. the national ANWB (you have something similair in the UK, it's a national roadside assistence club. You pay per year and you get assistence whenever, whereever, whatever) or
3. my Insurance company
and then wait who will win the race to help me out.
So I dont't worry about what happens when I break down (with a beamer ??) and just wait who will come to my rescue.

Even when my battery runs flat .......................

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woodworks, what about the guy out for a stroll walking towards you on the other side of the road:wink2: (see pic and zoom)

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
Try calling for roadside assistance out here sometime. :wink2:

Sheldon Wildlife Refuge, northern Nevada

You won't get a signal. And pushing the bike for >100 kms isn't much of an option.
Its one reason why I always feared riding out too far out. Too bad that Google doesn't include roadside assistance times like how they do with ground transportation. Can't be that hard to track tow trucks that might be under contract to roadside companies.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Woodworks, what about the guy out for a stroll walking towards you on the other side of the road:wink2: (see pic and zoom)
The only "guys" out there strolling had four legs, Blackie. There was a herd a antelope off in the distance to the right. :laugh:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man it sure looks desolate. and of course there is the heat and snakes and coyotes? and God knows what else to contend with. I watched a you tube video a while back and this Texan was doing a out of the way Vlog in a similar looking place and he said he never went anywhere without his ( he mentioned the name of a pistol) loaded with snakeshot- I can only assume that is a bit like our UK shotgun pellets?. I think I'll stick to my local N Yorkshire moors where the only danger is a sheep running out in front of you( There are no fences to keep them off the road, they are allowed to roam freely. Although we do have snakes, which apparently are very rarely seen, anyway I apologise to the forum for going 'Off Topic'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts