BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered over $4400.00 AUD. Worth of gear from Rally-Raid. Am I excited? No, I’m not I’ve had a phone call from UPS who transported the items to Australia and was informed that I have a debt of $758;54 import fee. I am uncertain of the legitimacy of this claim as to date all communication with UPS has been via email, I have never given them my phone number and when I asked the person to send me the legitimate documentation, she claimed she didn’t have my email address. I refused to give it to her just to see how far this will go. It has taken all the excitement of getting the stuff away. I’m really pissed off now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
At import point, there are normally GST and import fees charged by Customs, which the sender is very rarely responsible for. Just saying that these charges could be those.

Also, UPS probably got your phone number from the invoice attached to the package. Fairly common practice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sorry late to the party on this.
At my work in UK we use UPS as well as other couriers but always UPS for international goods.
Their paperwork always asks for a recipients telephone number and this must be on the delivery note.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It sounds like your problem is with your government, not Rally-Raid.

"Customs Clearance with a value above a $1000
All goods imported into Australia by sea, air or post with a customs value that exceeds $1000.00 must be cleared by submitting a completed import declaration form (B650) and paying duty, goods and services tax (GST) and other taxes and charges that apply."

https://www.wwcf.com.au/customs/

Using the duty and GST calculator on that site, and making up some numbers, the tax could be $758 depending on the rate they decide to charge.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts