BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
What’s a camel? If it’s a tire in correct size of course it will fit, unless a tube type.
Rally Raid is the popular wheel supplier but last I heard they were out of stock.
one thing with going wire is you may consider rim size/tire size based on use. A smaller lighter tire/wheel will decrease unsprung weight and boost suspension response. Will also spin up faster and grab traction easier. But you’ll lose flotation and the lower effective gearing will slow top speed. A narrow, taller front rim will go over objects easier and steer better in soft sand, but again at cost of flotation and traction. There’s way more experienced folk out there, you’ll have to do some digging. I’m pretty much a “leave stock” person but I‘m done being a charger, have a deadicated off road bike So my 310 fine that way. What can I say, I ride a Van Van off road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Camels are the motorcycle version of Cush Cores on bicycles . It’s an insert within the tu less tire that will prevent your wheel from bottom,in out against rocks/terrain upon hard impact.

Yeah rally raid has been out of stock for a hot minute. Im trying to do like 70% road 30% dirt from Riverside down the baja peninsula In the next few weeks. I’m thinking a tire change (keeping original specs but beefier tires) and the D4 Denali light setup with the dial dim instal will be good enough for the trip. Camping 50% hotel 50% .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ahh like mousse. Race tech beyond my old school self. With tubeless the best bet is not to get carried away with deflating, install stuff like “slime”, carry plug kit and pump. For sure tempting to change out tires, the stock ones sure seem lacking off road. Used to be a real poor idea to travel at night in Mexico. Brilliant idea I’m quite jealous

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh like mousse. Race tech beyond my old school self. With tubeless the best bet is not to get carried away with deflating, install stuff like “slime”, carry plug kit and pump. For sure tempting to change out tires, the stock ones sure seem lacking off road. Used to be a real poor idea to travel at night in Mexico. Brilliant idea I’m quite jealous
Yeah the mousse! Has anyone put that on oem tires? I rode the entire Baja peninsula on my mountain bike using the cushcore / tubeless setup with sealant liquid doing a mix of on/off getting a ton of thorns and cactus needles and never had to stop because tire issues. I never rode at night , not much traffic but I’d find a campsite off road and set up camp before dark because life is easier that way. There’s tons of Adv riders in Baja using the Baja 500/1000 gpx tracks. Some sections I’m not ready for with a motorcycle but went at it with a MTB( gnarley ascent / decent a on loose rock and some sandy sections ) but overall great riding.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Your a stud. MTB Baja……..awesome. Live on rattlesnakes and distilled ocean water like that one guy? Great respect and envy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Who makes a good set of off road spoked wheels?
Was available a recently; can't say if currently available...my experience and others included...

·
Registered
210 Posts
That’s the second time I’ve seen this. Pretty nice job of sourcing Wish BMW had put 5he nice tubeless there but not impossible to convert and should be done.

Reactions: DAAT

·
Registered
92 Posts
That’s the second time I’ve seen this. Pretty nice job of sourcing Wish BMW had put 5he nice tubeless there but not impossible to convert and should be done.
In fact I discovered that is easier to convert them tubeless that I thinked, just needed a good 3M foil tape a nice cleaner and done!! 5k kms riding with out air leaks!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts