BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought myself a gopro session, was wondering if anyone else has a camera mounted to their bike and what position you would recommend. I don't want to mount the camera to my helmet.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I mount my gopro 5 black to my helmet dead center below my visor. I dont like the fixed view of it being mounted to the bike itself. You miss too many things and in case of an accident you may miss how it happened, due to only seeing what the bike is pointed at.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I mount my gopro 5 black to my helmet dead center below my visor. I dont like the fixed view of it being mounted to the bike itself. You miss too many things and in case of an accident you may miss how it happened, due to only seeing what the bike is pointed at.
This is also how I mount my GoPro. Just got the new GoPro Hero that's $200 and mounted dead center below my visor. Also have one mounted to the handle bar, too.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up mounting my camera to the brake fluid reservoir.

I think it works quite well.

Pro tip: level the bike/handlebar using a level (or level app of the phone), then level the camera just before sticking the mount onto the reservoir.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
P, I got sony as50 camera a little different in shape to yours but I fitted on bars, vibration no probs, and the video shows the dash board for speed, time and date, with cameras you just have to make sure its not your fault !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Helmet mounted camera.
Pro: Almost eliminates vibration/bumps.
Con: Viewpoint wanders around as you look around.

Bike mounted camera.
Pro: The viewpoint remains constant.
Con: Vibes & bumps transfer to camera.

A stabilized gimbal helmet mount would address both of those Cons, but that's starting to get silly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here's my old summer helmet I use occasionally. The camera is attached to the peak as you can see,so when i don't need to use the camera, I just change the peak to a normal one. My normal helmet ( a modular full face) has a sena tube type cam fitted to the side.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts